Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

door panels

Here in a few weeks we should be starting to work on my '92 Explorer some more. I've pulled the interior from a '96 Explorer I bought and will be updating the '92's interior. At least one window on the '92 had a problem with the cable on the power windows so I'll probably be upgraded the power...
  2. S

Cobra Brakes on an X!....complete..

Hey Ryan, I didn't know you had plans of a T-Bird IRS swap. I actually bought an '86 RX-7 IRS a few years back to swap onto a Ranger, but we ended up going with a link setup. The RX-7 had the same 4.5 on 5 bolt pattern, but since it was a non-turbo it was only a 7.5" member. A friend of...
  3. S

Cobra Brakes on an X!....complete..

Ryan, You mentioned 2 Brembo brakes from Mustangs Unlimited. Did you only buy the front or rear set from R1 Concepts? I need to upgrade the brakes on the Explorer, but we might also be going to a Thunderbird IRS for the back. Where were you able to get the early mustang hub/spindles from...
  4. S

Who would be interested in a roll pan?

Very cool, thanks Ryan! I also left a reply for you on the wheel post regarding your brakes.....
  5. S

Ryan, I went to both CanDo's and Grant Kustomz websites, I only saw the 91-97's listed. Do they offer one with a curve for the 98+?
  6. S

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

Ryan, looking good! I remember seeing a post when you completed the back. Would mind giving details on what you had to do to complete the swap? I need to do the brakes soon on the Explorer and the Ranger. That brake setup won't fit on a 15" wheel setup, will it? Not sure what I'll do on the...
  7. S

That sucks!!! How fast were you going?
  8. S

Looks like I'm a little late on this one as well, but I'd be interested in a '98+ pan that would match the contour of the rear hatch.
  9. S

Here's a shot of mine, sorry, its just a "photodropped" photo I had on this computer. Actual drop is about a 5/4. Tires are 275/45-20 Goodyears. Bags have been collecting dust for a while and have yet to be installed, oh well, one project at a time :(
  10. S

Who made red lift coils?

Maybe its just their coilover shock coils that are red then. :scratch: I had some of their drop coils on a previous vehicle, and I'm pretty sure they were black.
  11. S

Most Wanted Parts

Here's that kit car build page where the guy talks about installing a carputer (if anyone is interested). I'm sure the manufacturer's will eventually get into major computer systems on vehicles soon. There's also a good link to mp3car on that site as well...
  12. S

Most Wanted Parts

Has anyone looked at www.scantool.net? With my friend's Ferrari F-355 Kit Car Build, he's considering installing a "carputer" and one website we came across someone was using products from Scan Tool to plug an onboard laptop into his car. I went to their website, and it mentions '96+ for...
  13. S

`92 X with Rear Discs!...

I have a set of DJM beams that are made for a Ranger, I believe they will fit an Explorer. If anyone is interested in them, send me a PM. We're lifting the '92 now and I don't have any use for the beams.
  14. S

Who made red lift coils?

Eibach's are red too, aren't they?
  15. S

Very nice, I missed the fact that was a thumbnail;) Did you order up new calipers or just rotors? Anything else for the brake swap? Thanks for the info on the master brake cylinder, I would've been swapping that over as well!
  16. S

Cool! How soon do you plan on doing the brakes? I'm going to be swapping the rear from my '96 Parts vehicle onto my '92 soon. Did you swap out the master cylinder too? How do you like Bremerton? We're heading back up to WA tomorrow for 2 weeks of vacation (going back home to Whidbey...
  17. S

Difference between 2wd and 4wd Coils? - Skyjacker Lift Coils...

Yeah, a cut, turn, and probably about a 4.5" extension ;). We were also looking at machining some beam ends, may scratch the forged beams, not sure yet. This one will be more of a daily driver and only hit a few mild trails. I'll be going =Length with coilovers on the '93 Ranger, but won't be...
  18. S

No drop-downs, we're going to cut and extend a set of forged beams and instead of bending them we're going to offset the cut when we get ready to plate them.
  19. S

Thanks for the help. I'll give Skyjacker a call tomorrow. If they don't sag for a couple years I'll probably go with the 4".
  20. S

HVAC Gen II to Gen I Swap? ASP84

Does anyone have any information on swapping the HVAC from a Gen II to a Gen I? I'm working on a custom dash swap for the '92 and it looks like I would have more "HVAC Control Relocation" freedome with the Gen II controls. I have a '96 Parts vehicle to pull parts from. Otherwise, any other...
  21. S

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find any answers using the search (maybe I wasn't using the right keywords). Anyways, I'm looking at lifting the front of my '92 2wd Explorer about 4" with coil springs and was looking at the Skyjacker coils. A buddy of...
  22. S

Rear Axles: Sports vs. Explorers

also, keep in mind the 95+ will be disc brakes and the 91-94's are drums.
  23. S

part interchangability

Without custom metal work only the Sport Trac will fit, although your going to have a major difference with the fender flares: (lost photos) The Ranger will have a different contour where it mates to the door, the Aviator will be too wide. The pre-02 Mountaineer headlight panels would swap...
  24. S

Explorer / Ranger Mirrors???

I took the mirrors off my 93 Ranger and the 96 Explorer, no go. The explorer mirror "mounting plate" is larger than the Ranger. Any pics of the LED mirrors?
  25. S

TT Lowered to max, How can I go lower?

Torsion Key Flip: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142973
Back