Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

1996 ford explorer issues

No one can tell me which relay unfer the dash is causing my issues?
  2. S

Thanks for the info but sadly thats not the info I need. There are many relays under the dash and all over the explorer for that matter. I just need to know if someone can tell me exactly what relays are causing the problem and exactly where they are located. Thanks again.
  3. S

Ok ran a diagnostic with a snap-on MT2500 scanner. I have the following: B1398 1 touch window down relay circuit fault B1352 ignition key in circuit fault P1781 4X4L SW out of range P1824 4WD electronic clutch relay circuit fault My auto window does not work. My 4X4 does not...
  4. S

Multiple misfire. Failed Coil pack test.

I think Dono is right it does look like there is a crack between valves.
  5. S

Lucky for you, you got the heads pulled off before they got any worse. You could have sucked a valve if one of those valves had got any worse and let go. Glad you got it figured out. Should run like a champ when you get it back together. I knew it wasnt a stuck valve you would have had some...
  6. S

Strange breathy sound over 5k RPM...

The rev limiter will kick in somewhere between 5k and 6k so you are probably hitting the rev limiter. I would take it for a drive and see how it performs.
  7. S

Great! Now I've got chocolate pudding in my underpants..!

I think your on the right track sounds like the transmission cooler is leaking coolant into your cooler lines on the transmission. A new radiator would be a must. As far as flushing it well.................. You can get most of it out by dropping the pan and doing a filter and oil change and...
  8. S

Weird highway problem.. please help

You said not quite right "underneath you" ? Maybe its not the engine? My mother inlaw described the same complaint to me with her 99 explorer but I couldnt get it to repeat. Few weeks later I was headed to pick her up with the car trailer and it was the transfer case. The high/low collar and...
  9. S

If you have 10 psi on #6 and 0 psi on #5 you likely have a head gasket that is blown between combustion chambers. I had that happen on my 91gt 5.0 mustang. It still ran but was low on power, had a miss to it, and was a little shaky at idle. Check them again to be sure, but I would bet the...
  10. S

1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 issue

I stand corrected it was the high low collar and the input shaft I replaced not the viscious coupler. Sorry for the mix up was thinking of another case at the same time as I was posting about the 4405.
  11. S

Takes to long to shift

Could be a faulty speed sensor. If the computer does not know the ground speed of the car it does not know when to tell the transmission to shift. Could be something else but thats a cheap place to start.
  12. S

Need some quick advice

Sounds like the transmission. Either the seals are so hard from alot of heat and being old around the apply piston in the forward clutch that its letting the oil blow by the piston, or the forward clutch has burned up the frictions and cannot apply. The forward clutch is applied in all...
  13. S

Hesitation, especially under load...help?

I believe the range should be 11-18 ohms. Also make sure the red wires going to the injectors have constant power and the white wire should be pulsing. I checked the white wire by hooking the test light lead to ground on the battery and touching the probe to the white wire. Every time the...
  14. S

Hesitation, especially under load...help?

Have you checked all the injectors? I had an issue but mine had a slight rough idle and would fall on its face under a load. I found #1 injector to be faulty. I did a ohms test on all the injectors and found #1 to read 0.000. Some where on a google search I found the range that the...
  15. S

Sounds like your on the right track. I had one with a similair problem but I didnt know which cylinders were missing because I didnt have the vehicle scanned. I tested the coil pack first and it tested fine. I then went on to test the ohm readings on the injectors and found #1 injector to be...
  16. S

1996 Ford Explorer 4x4 issue

Hello everyone this is my first post. I have a 96 explorer with a 4x4 issue. The 4H and 4L lights flash 6 times in the dash. Sometimes the 4WD works fine and other times it does not. I noticed that when ever the auto window roll down works the 4WD works and when ever the auto window...
Back