Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Transmission "Bump" Problem Part Numbers

Hey guys, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. What ended up happening is i waited for 3 days for my ex and on day 3 the dealer called me and let me know they are still running tests with ford engineers. So that meant they werent going to be able to get my truck back soon. I dont...
  2. M

Latest. Dealer called. They dont know what the fix is for it. They still have the truck and a call out to ford tech engineer line. At least theyre taking it seriously.
  3. M

Yes, I can force it...doesn't happen everytime but enough.... straightline to about 40mph, i slow down to about 20mph, then accelerate again and then it jerks/bangs 3 times out 10. Or in turns when i slow down from 40pm to about 15mph, make a turn, accelerate (jerks).
  4. M

Does your base make cracking popping sounds when the heat is on

My update. The dealer couldn't reproduce the sound either. I went with them for a test drive and turned the heater on and literally after 30 minutes, 0 noises. Of course this happens when you are on a test drive with a tech. He said he was still going to keep an ear out but for now, it...
  5. M

Here's my status. Took it to another dealer and they couldn't reproduce it. I asked to go on a test drive and it jerked/banged 3 times and he said, yeah, that's not normal. We'll see what we can do about it. So that's where I'm at.
  6. M

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

aaarrgh! This kills me to read this because you and I are in the same boat!!!!!!:mad:
  7. M

Trans issue - anyone else?

the problem with this is that it keeps happening to more people and i dont know why. the tsb addresses this up until the 4/11 production date. i have @ 2012 explorer with a 9/11 manufacturer date so they wont perform the fix. what sucks even more is that the description for this tsb is...
  8. M

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

the problem with this is that it keeps happening to more people and i dont know why. the tsb addresses this up until the 4/11 production date. i have @ 2012 explorer with a 9/11 manufacturer date so they wont perform the fix. what sucks even more is that the description for this tsb is...
  9. M

2013 Explorer ...

absolutely does, thanks for the mini-quick review...if i dont like the resolutions give, i was thinking of some alternates for tradein and the 2012 highlander is one of them
  10. M

2013 Explorer ...

came from an 09 highlander hey? Any reasons why you went the explorer route? Can you compare the 2 vehicles if you mind?
  11. M

well i already bought the extended warranty plan which i think is 5yrs/75K. i will see what happens when she calls back but ive never heard of six speed transmissions doing this.
  12. M

Cracking noise when heater is on

Update on the noise from the dash...they couldn't reproduce it. 5 minutes out of the dealer, I heard again. So I'm back square 1 and I guess I'll have to make alternate arrangements and bring it back in. so frustrating on a $35K truck.
  13. M

Well I picked up my x yesterday and they couldn't reproduce the problem. Sure enough, I left the dealer and it happened to me again. I was so frustrated at this point, I just left and will have to battle it out another day. What's interesting is the dealer was helpful but I was too tired to...
  14. M

going to the dealer to pick it up tonight. I had to wait for parts for the TSB roof fix. I should get the complete run down of things today. Will keep things updated.
  15. M

just sent a pm;)
  16. M

my problem is the tsb was for anything before 4/11. Mine was built 9/11...dealer I can guarantee will not apply a tsb fix and aren't allowed to do so :(
  17. M

arrrrgh!!! I can't wait till this Thu to take it to the dealer for this and my trans issue. It happened to me after 1hour of driving, I heard 3 pops within 30 minutes. My wife says its garbage for that kind of engineering for $35K truck. I tell you one thing, if it doesn't get fixed, I am...
  18. M

hmmm, interesting...I don't know if that's a good thing :scratch::scratch::scratch:
  19. M

I intend to. I have a dealer appt for this next thu.
  20. M

Took Explorer in for first warranty service to hopefully fix a few things

What about doing a test drive with the tech?
  21. M

i wonder if everyone has this problem. as long as i document it at the dealership that i complained about it, and ford states this is perfectly normal, if it does get rusty over time, that's on them to have to fix/replace parts or whatever....
  22. M

Took Explorer in for first warranty service to hopefully fix a few things

good luck and please let me know because I am experiencing the same thump in the trans exactly as you described it word-for-word. when i try and get it to replicate it's 50/50 depending on the day which irks me. i have a dealer appt next week and they'll probably won't do anything. They'll...
  23. M

I also have the condensation problems but I guess I never thought about taking it to the dealer for that.
  24. M

wow, between my trans issue and this cracking sound on a $35K car just doesn't seem right. I may have to ditch it depending what the dealer says next week. If I get the answers I don't like, I'll reach out to Cory from FCS. If nothing comes out of that ----> see yah explorer. Never had this...
  25. M

yup, exactly as you described it. if this doesnt get fixed and keeps happening its enough to probably have me get rid of it.
Back