Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Water Leak

...this is exactly where one dealer's body-shop said mine is leaking from... hence the two-week repair time. How kind of Ford to sell me a brand new vehicle with known problems. (It may not happen to every Explorer, but it seems to be common enough that it is certainly a manufacturing defect.)
  2. C

Water Leak

Ford's customer service sucks. So my Explorer (still under original warranty) has the water leak into the headliner that runs down the rear seatbelt ... both sides. The ONE dealer that has been able to replicate the problem will not provide a replacement (rental) vehicle while they take 2 weeks...
  3. C

What is this electrical plug under 2nd row seats?

The only seat options I can think of that would require wiring are for the airbag seatbelts and for the electric seat release (for access to the rear row.) The release would likely just be a simple 2-wire, but the airbag/belts would likely require more advanced communication...
  4. C

When will there be another Mft upgrade?

I'd really like to see it support CarPlay from Apple (for those of us with iPhones anyhow).
  5. C

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

It's YOUR car. If YOU want to lift it, then of course it's NOT wrong!!!! You'll always be able to find someone that'll tell you you're wrong... but it ain't THEIR car!
  6. C

What is this ugly HOOK?

I know this is old, but I just LOVE that quote! I tell my kids (when they take off to go "play" in the Jeep)... 4WD doesn't mean you can't get stuck... it just means you CAN get stuck MUCH farther away from help! So far, the only time I've had to rescue them, I was able to get to them with...
  7. C

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Mine appeared locked a few times, went black a couple times for several minutes, radio came and went throughout the process... But the entire update only took about 30 minutes... If it's been black for over an hour, I'd be concerned.
  8. C

Nail in Tire, how does this happen?

It's like the monkeys and Shakespeare... eventually you're bound to see some wild puncture like that purely by chance. I'm sure you happened to run over the nail from just the right angle, at just the right speed, while the suspension was in just the right point of its travel, with exactly the...
  9. C

Mo problems mo problems!!!

When you say"computer"... Do you mean MFT? There is a new update for that within the last month or so... It involves a new Nav-card as well.. In MY case, it seems to have eliminated all my MFT problems... No more freezing up or black-screens.
  10. C

This Forum Makes Me SAD... :(

I'm gonna stick to my guns saying the new Explorer is AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT VEHICLE. It's now a car instead of a truck. It went from a body-on-frame, solid-rear-axle, real 4WD truck... To a unibody, car chassis, AWD (instead of 4WD), that will never have the off-road capabilities of the older...
  11. C

This Forum Makes Me SAD... :(

No ... starting in 2011 the Explorer is an entirely new car. It kept the same name, but NOTHING else about the vehicle is even vaguely related to the pre-2011 Explorers. So... it has had it's teething pains and such, but I think it's turning out to be a great car (but will never be modded for...
  12. C

Stranded! Again

No argument from me...
  13. C

Stranded! Again

I guarantee that happens! As a union member myself (not auto), when the workers are disgruntled, the only way they have of exerting influence on management is to screw with the operation. It's a bit of a "biting the hand that feeds you" scenario, but that's just the way it works. It's their...
  14. C

2013 Ford explorer Limited

Yes... most people get on thee forums to try to find "fixes" for problems... the people who are happy with the vehicles generally don't bother to post about that. So when you get online, all you hear about (mostly) are the problems... mostly affecting a very few vehicles. Me?... MFT was kinda...
  15. C

Uncomfortable driver seating position

Haven't experienced it... but I'm not sure the bottom of my thigh even extends out that far! With all the adjustments and the heating/cooling in the seats, I find them VERY comfortable. (and love having the memory tied to the MyKey ... it just sets itself to whoever is driving without me having...
  16. C

Stranded! Again

yeah.. if you bought it new in the U.S., it came with 3 years of FREE roadside assistance... Ford will tow it to the nearest dealer on their dime. but... I'm sure glad nobody I knew "didn't allow" me to buy the Explorer... I LOVE it!.
  17. C

Replacing Front Emblem

If it's like all the other "badging" on the vehicle, it's also held on with double-sided tape.
  18. C

My ford touch rebooting

yes... since the latest (3.5.1?) update, my Ex has not had ANY hiccups with the MFT ... prior to that it was nearly daily that it would lock-up or black-screen. Perhaps they've finally gotten to a stable (non-Beta) MFT system! :)
  19. C

Condensation in headlights?

I have moisture in one... Noticed it the day after I bought it (new 2013). Haven't taken it in to them yet, I can't be bothered.... I'll have them replace it eventually, but I've got nearly 3 years of warranty yet... I can wait.
  20. C

Learned something from a Mike Rowe Ford ad

It doesn't take much to impress an Aggie!
  21. C

Efficent way of searching for New Explorer...?

PLEASE tell me you didn't get it from Planet! ;)
  22. C

Efficent way of searching for New Explorer...?

Just go to a dealer you want to buy from and tell them THIS is what I want ... find it! It took several days, but my dealer finally found exactly what I was looking for on another dealer's lot ... the dealership went and got it from a them (an inventory swap) and brought it back to town for no...
  23. C

Help! Want to hook up my playstation in my explorer!

That's exactly what you have to have enabled.
  24. C

Help! Want to hook up my playstation in my explorer!

With the iPhone issue... Does your cellular plan include "tethering"?... That has to be enabled for it to share its data stream with the Explorer.
Back