Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

My 2013 Tuxedo Black Metallic Limited!!!

Beautiful! But I'm biased since mine looks just like it and is about the same age. Loving mine too other than a couple minor issues that I haven't even gone to dealer about yet. Enjoy!
  2. S

Rear View Mirror is Drooping!

I have the same problem with my mirror. Sounds like an easy fix or live with it solution. Now if I could just figure out why my alarm goes off randomly including once when it was unlocked in my garage.
  3. S

2013 Explorer Lane keeping assist is cool!

Happy birthday VinceL sounds like you had a good one. I'm enjoying the "special effects" also and agree the lane keeping is very cool. In my last car the backup camera was the feature once I had I could never go without. This time it is the blind spot monitoring. I've been telling everyone...
  4. S

Got My Window Sticker and $750 Brochure today!!!!!

That's great news! The wait is tough but makes getting exactly what you wanted all the more worth while.
  5. S

It has arrived!!!!

Congratulations and enjoy!
  6. S

Some orders moving quick

That sure is quick! I waited almost that long after mine was built. But it seems like things are moving very smoothly now that '13 has been in production a couple months. I'll take pics when the skies clear here and get the Ex cleaned up. So far extremely pleased!
  7. S

Some orders moving quick

I took delivery of my Tuxedo Black LTD Tuesday night. Ordered 1/13, production 3/21, delivered 4/17. It is beautiful and I love it, which is saying a lot since I traded in a Lexus GX470. Now I'm enjoying figuring out all the bells and whistles. The BLIS and cross traffic alert are pretty...
  8. S

Some orders moving quick

I thought mine was on hold still, but it left the rail station and is making its way toward FL. Apparently rail shipping is slow and not necessarily a direct route to destination. Probably another 4 days to get to the dealer but I was thrilled today to find out it was not still on indefinite...
  9. S

Some orders moving quick

Thanks for that info. My dealer told me Friday there is some type of QA hold but I couldn't imagine they are QA holding mine at the rail yard in Chicago where it has been since 3/23. I'd think they'd take them back to factory or ship and have the dealer make any fixes. I'm not happy about the...
  10. S

Some orders moving quick

My situation is similar. My ETA's of 4/2 and 4/8 have passed. Third ETA is 4/11 but as of Saturday my Explorer was still in Chicago at Markham Yard rail station. I'm sure it will get here one day but is starting to be a little frustrating since ordered mid January and some who ordered just a...
  11. S

Just placed my '13 LTD order!!

Congratulations on your order! We care and very much understand your excitement. I ordered mid January, mine was assembled last week, now waiting to be shipped.
  12. S

Ford ETIS VIN Site: A LOT of info!

Same here, once it was built 3/21 the site updated with correct information.
  13. S

I posted too early yesterday...

Got my sticker today too so I understand your excitement!
  14. S

My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate

I got great news from both Cory and my dealer today - build date is 3/21 with an estimated delivery date of 4/2. I was cautioned the delivery date can change a little. It's been a long wait since ordering 1/13 but I'm sure it will be worth it!
  15. S

Ford ETIS VIN Site: A LOT of info!

Interesting...on that site mine shows build date 30.11.0002.
  16. S

2013 Explorer Availability

I ordered my 2013 on 1/13/12 and still no VIN. Anxiously waiting here too but I'm sure it will be worth it.
  17. S

My 2013 Limited has a build and delievery estimate

Congrats! That is exciting news that I am hoping to also have one day soon.
  18. S

2013 Ford Explorer Orders

Great news NewEXOwner! I placed my order Jan 13 and am awaiting a VIN# and production date.
  19. S

2013 Explorer ...

My Limited FWD will be tuxedo black, charcoal black interior, pkg 302A, moon roof, tow pkg, splash guards, polished wheels. I used the X-Plan for pricing so no negotiation there $44,214.
  20. S

2013 Explorer ...

Ordered 2013 Limited Hello everyone, I'm glad to have found this forum, I think it may help during the wait after placing my order about 3 weeks ago. So far no VIN# or production date. It is going to be a real test of my patience (which isn't particularly good) waiting. I appreciate the...
Back