Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Add-a-Leaf Install: Step By Step "How-to"

I just did the left side of my AAL today. Like many, I didn't drop the leaf pack or unbutton either end. I didn't see the point. The U bolts weren't rusted so they came apart easily and were reused. I replaced the load carrier leaf with the AAL in my application mostly to simplify reassembly...
  2. W

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

The fuel line tool is a bit awkward. Sometimes I can remove every line no problem, other times I can't get it to work at all. There was no way I was going to drop the tank, outside during winter in Canada. This is a far better solution. Good luck with yours. Cheers.
  3. W

To be honest, wiring is not my forte. I've learned to live with the toggle switch instead. I blew several days trying to find that fault back in February. I didn't plan on having the Explorer much past winter but its summer and I haven't replaced it. Its reliable, comfortable enough to get me...
  4. W

Thanks. To be honest, replacing the pump didn't fix it. It wasn't getting fuel because it had an electric fault - not getting power to the pump. I fixed that the Mickey Moose method. As a test, after putting in the new pump, I ran a wire from the battery and spliced it into the pump wiring. It...
  5. W

I just want to thank everyone, especially the original poster of this thread for this. Just did this on my '96 Centaurus Explorer and it worked out great. I managed to spill some gas from the old pump while doing it but overall it wasn't bad. Definitely better than dropping the tank.
Back