Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

I will post that video along with some pulls tomorrow. I am starting to leak on my BOV also. I ordered a new one so hopefully it's better than this cheap eBay one I have. I took the video off cause I edited it and made it shorter.. Cause I talked too much I thought. But anyways, after work...
  2. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

That is one of the things I need to do.. I think it is cause the straight pipe into the turbo, and then I dont have a muffler or anything at the exhaust outlet coming off the turbo. It is just a tailpipe. And it sounds like thug-thug-thug-thug... I am going to take it back to the exhaust shop...
  3. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMk8R25LzxM
  4. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

Got a new mirror. And put the turbo back on.. got everything hooked up. I went to a dyno shop here in Idaho Falls, where I got my injectors installed, a MAF, and my Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump. Tuned to max of 6PSI. This i ass high as we could go (staying safe). I will post a video and some pics...
  5. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

I talked to a good friend of mine yesterday who has a degree in auto body, and he said he'd fix the paint and dents for 1300$, but we will have to wait until summer. I did consider a trip to a yard, to see what they have there. But, I think I am only going there to get the taillights...
  6. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

So right now, this is what I am working in.. Taking the oil feed system out. And putting it back to stock.
  7. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

I'm looking at ~2000$ to paint and fix. Trust me looks worse in person. I am saving the rear-mount setup, maybe will install later on.. As I said, I rather have the body looking good than sounding like a semi and pulling like a jet. :p
  8. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

I am not sure in a dollar amount of damages, but I can tell you that my hood is pretty scratched (paint), a trail leading all the way t the left taillight of scratches, door has 2 dents along with dents in the window seal, and i completely lost my driver side mirror. Also,there was no damage...
  9. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

Sadly guys, I am removing the whole system. Tonight I got into a pretty bad accident and tore the left side of my car apart. My main focus right now is the body damage. I will post pictures tomorrow.. Consider this project on hold for me.
  10. L

Home made headers

Wow.. A 351W in a explore? Never seen that. That must have been a headache and a lot of damn beer. /: but.. Nice results I'm assuming. :D Just buy some torque monster headers! Unless you want the project.. Then go for it. I guess like everybody is saying these days.. "YOLO". (You only live once.)
  11. L

Serious Trouble?

You will laugh your butts off when you read this thread!!!!! My Cylinder #5 Ignition wire was not connect to the spark plug. Crazy things happen when one is under stress. /:
  12. L

Chip for a 96 Explorer

I agree with vroomzoomboom. Don't trust eBay or anything when it comes to your cars ECU. That 70$ Chip could cause your car 'so much horsepower' it will never start again. Don't go cheap on the important stuff.. Please take the advice. Check out http://www.hensonperformance.com/ .. Look...
  13. L

2004 explorer will not start

Well, do your lights dim when you try to start it? What sounds does it make? Does it sound like it is trying to crank over? Possibly your alternator? That'd be my guess. I am not aware of military base rules or regulations, but if possible, take your alternator and get it tested at an auto...
  14. L

Serious Trouble?

Also, I know this could have caused serious internal damage.. The engine is not ticking. Just sounds like.. Exhaust is messed up. Engine sounds fine, like I said, it just feels like a 4-cylinder and sounds like a freaking lawn mower and feels like it is going to die (car shakes).
  15. L

Serious Trouble?

Well.. Today, I hooked the oil lines to and from my turbo. I ran the feed line off the oil pressure switch, which I teed off. I also, ran my oil return line and activated my pump which sends the oil back into the oil filler neck. Well.. I started my car up, went and checked my rear mount...
  16. L

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

I could use some Torque Monsters. Especially at a better price. :D IM IN!!!! 00' 5.0.
  17. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

Today I mounted the turbo. Right now, I am using some zip ties to help support the turbo on the compressor side until I get the piping done. The oil lines are in their destinations, but not installed into the engine compartments yet. The reason I have not done this, is because the turbo is not...
  18. L

Who's Here From Florida?

If you guys can figure out a way to fly my explorer and I out to Florida, I will put a sleeping bag and pillow in the back, and live at every meet you guys have. Hahaha. Wish I lived in a nice state. Idaho is just all about potatoes. :(
  19. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

Okay guys, just a little update. Things are going a little slower than planned. Had to cancel the exhaust appointment and decided to do a few other things. I have been busy with end of semester assignments and exams and working full time also. But I just want to update you guys on what is going...
  20. L

supercharger

Well depends what engine you have. And you can do various things. I am currently installing a rear-mount turbo setup on my 5.0 Explorer. I am doing a write-up on how to do it, just finished my oil lines and stuff. The write up wont be posted until after I get the pipes and everything welded...
  21. L

2000 AWD Xploder from Turbo back to NA

One quick question, I'm doing the oil lines today so I can get it out of the way, did Justin tap the oil pan for the oil feed? Or how did he do that? I am stuck on this part.. I understand the oil return, but I'm stumped on the feed.
  22. L

I already have the blow off valve, however, it is a Greddy Knock-Off. If it has any leaks when I install, I'll give you a message and talk to you about that one. The blow off valve is kind of where I just went cheap, it was one of the last in my importants for the kit I put together. I figured...
  23. L

Sweet! Thanks! I'm really starting like you willzilla. And if you ever need to get more space in that garage, tell me what's up for grabs cause it sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff!! :D I could be in need of a rusty pipe one day! It's got to be better in price than paying for the new...
  24. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

This is the second. Also, I tried figuring out how to delete the last so there was not a duplicate. However, I'm forumtarded. I was told to put the thread in the Need For Speed section as wizilla informed you on. Sorry about that.
  25. L

Turbo 5.0 Build

Hey guys, I'm starting my rear-mount build here in 2 weeks, and I will take pictures as I go, and hopefully if you see how easy it is, there will be more turbo explorers. :D I have a 2000 Limited Edition 5.0 AWD V8. The only other 5.0 explorer I've seen with this is willzilla's. and he...
Back