Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Yomies D30 SAS

Yomie, did you say you ordered your Waggy springs from JCWhitney? another question, with the spring you used (Waggy spring) how does one determine how far apart the spring connects to the frame? to maintain the proper arc? thanks!
  2. J

Yomies D30 SAS

Thanks! Joe
  3. J

Yomies D30 SAS

Yomie, can you or anyone tell me what truck did you get that 1995 HP D30 from??? Thanks! Joe
  4. J

2001 XLT D44-SAS

The more reading will always help, thats for sure... but I am interested in how to properly set up the caster angle on a new setup. All the solid axle write ups I see do not go into detail on dialing in caster... Or worse yet, measuring wrong and caster is OFF, then you can get that...
  5. J

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Speaking of caster and pinion angles. Anyone have a link of a good way to measure/set caster when welding the leaf perches to axles? thanks
  6. J

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Assuming I also got hi steer route: Do you think one can save some $$$ Instead of buying the knuckle outs from the bronco, (that you wound up swapping out)? I think you only managed to keep the hubs/rotor and bearings from the Bronco? Another option I was even thinking of somehow...
  7. J

2001 XLT D44-SAS

I have a question for you guys: You started with a Waggy front D44 that was 6 lug 5.5, Then you got the knuckles from a 78 full width bronco so you can convert your axle to 5 lug 5.5.. Question: Did you use the waggys outer stub shafts? Or did it require you to swap that also from the...
  8. J

97 SOHC with major valve train noise!

Sunday The truck was used like normal and all was well... Power was normal, no noises, oil guage was in the middle, never over heated motor... Monday Morning I started explorer v6 4.0 SOHC and seconds after starting I hear this valve train noise, real bad. I shut motor off quickly but...
  9. J

1998 Sport D-44 SAS Complete!!!

Cool!!! 1 less step.... both front and rear can always be done at a later time......
  10. J

lizardtrac, do the waggy front leafs/diff come stock under axle or over axle? Reason I am asking, i rather leave axle on top of leaf , if it comes that way to match the stock explorer rear... I am looking for front end stength rather than more lift at the same time...
  11. J

lizardtrac, nice truck!!, QUESTION: what did you use for front leafs and brakets? of the same truck you got the D44 from? thanks Joe
  12. J

how to lift the front to sas

Your trucks look awsome! Are SOA parts sold now a days?? I was looking into SOA for my 1997 4 door explorer, but I dont have resources to make my own parts :( I know some of you are very resorcefull fabricating stuff.... I dont have know how to safely make brakets and such.. :) would be...
  13. J

If your 4WD switch looks like this AUTO, 4HI, 4LO then...

WOW THANKS! I just ordered one for my 97... Thanks! By the way, I checked that wire and I might be able to get away with some sort of voltage switch... On AWD I got 3.99-4.05 volts. 4x4-HI I got 2.XX volts and on 4x4-LO I got 1.XX volts...
  14. J

great thanks! does that book show more detail, like what resistance is the AWD selection from those 3 values... By the way what book did these come from? It would be nice to have..
  15. J

I searched and did not find any detailed info on this... Maybe there is no detail info, Like what are the resistor values for each mode.... and what is the wire from the switch providing the info.... I found Pre-95 info but not for 97 resistance. It would be interesting to build a circuit to...
  16. J

Guys I had been thinking about this but havent had time to work on it... Instead of installing a switch to work relay/brown wire mod, How about installing another relay thats normally open or normally closed and tapping the AWD switch position... By tapping in I mean NOT cutting wire...
  17. J

1997 Auto 4WD locker question.

Cool, I am not hardcore into off roading, what pisses me off without a locker of some sort is the famous one wheel spinning in the air... be it front or rear sometimes both, since its not mud, i change approach and continue.. So basically i need a locker with street bahaviour in mind.
  18. J

So if this is the case why are people using these type lockers in the rear and driving in the street... Is this a problem waiting to happen then...... Cause I know I wont always be able to 'coast' in turns without giving some gas...
  19. J

>>aluminum cast housing. Ohh!, ok Understood now i see the reasoning... weak housing! thanks guys, now that I understand 100% I feel better.
  20. J

JDraper, I agree and understand what you say 100%! but why do people say your front end will grenade if left in auto... (Look at Alecs responce above as an example) Is it the "type" of locker used that may cause damage? Other than the steering I cannot see how using an Aussie Locker in...
  21. J

I am a little confused... When adding a Aussie Locker to the front of a 97 explorer why is it so important to do the brown wire mod to disable 4x4??? on the trails 4x4 will be on.. with no damage or problem to the Aussie on both front and rear... on street, Isnt the front Aussie suppose to...
  22. J

Please help, I need to make order in two days

Still confused.... let me ask again... The above posts state to lift a 97 X i need to order the Body lift Kit #853 and brackets 883-1 & 883-4 doesnt body kit #853 it include brackets in kit already? Or these are not used? thanks!
  23. J

Please help, I need to make order in two days

>>Body lift Kit #853 >>brackets 883-1 & 883-4 is what you will need to get to lift the body for a 1997 Explorer 3". Question: If body kit #853 is for a 98+ ranger, doesnt it include brackets in kit already? Arent the 883-1 & 883-4 also for 98+ rangers? Can someone chime in, Im about...
  24. J

shock length question???

And If it "limits" travel, new shocks can be ordered and State 2" lift to get a longer shock right? Thanks!
  25. J

shock length question???

To get max flex on my 97 4x4, will longer shocks help get more droop or articulation? Just curious about this.. I know nothing about shocks (do they come in longer lengths?) 97 auto v6.. Just getting educated, im getting ready to lift it. with a 2" TT, warrior shacle and 3" body lift (for...
Back