Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Lowering the Explorer

Just thought I'd let you guys know... The lowering kit from Eibach (#35121.540) fits the Explorer 4x4... It was designed for the Ford Flex, but they both have the same springs (even though different Ford part #s)... At the SEMA show you may remember seeing the lowered Explorer with 22"...
  2. E

Aftermarket wheels

Ford OEM part # is 5310. For both the left front spring on 2011 Flex AWD and 2011 Explorer 4WD. Can't remember the other 3 part numbers, but they are the same between both the Flex and Explorer. The Eibach Springs for 2011 Ford Flew AWD fit my EX with no modifications needed and actually...
  3. E

Aftermarket wheels

Lowering Springs 2011-2012 Explorer... So I contacted Galpin Auto (the team that designed the lowered silver explorer for SEMA auto show) and the guy who built it told me the "H&R Custom Springs" were really just Eibach springs for 2011 Ford Flex AWD... Yupp, thats right. Same part. They...
  4. E

Aftermarket wheels

Here is another view of the 24s - Not lowered yet. The kit should drop it down about 1.7" or so
  5. E

Aftermarket wheels

Yes actually.... Looking at a Brembo setup, but probably won't get to that for a month or so. Got a lot going on right now. I'll post pics once lowered. Should be about a week until I get the springs and get them on there.
  6. E

Aftermarket wheels

I actually contacted Galpin Auto Sports Wednesday night, and I am currently waiting to hear back on how much it will cost to have the springs custom made and shipped out to me. They had H&R make them springs for one of the Explorers they had at SEMA, and I figured they are probably my best bet...
  7. E

Aftermarket wheels

Forte 24s... Let me know what you guys think
  8. E

Aftermarket wheels

Forte 24s... Will be putting a set of Forte F56 24s on my EX tomorrow... Will post pics after its all washed up.
  9. E

Aftermarket wheels

22s My winter wheels... 22" with 285/45/22
Back