Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

91 Explorer Drivers front end clunk

really? I pry on them they seem fine. I found a loose rivit for the crossmember, repaired, no difference of course. God this thing is driving me crazy. Is there some way to check those pivot bushings other than blindly replacing them.
  2. P

91 Explorer Drivers front end clunk

I dont know what the hell else to do. I replaced the horrible radius arm bushings, brakes pads, all the hardware for the calipers, balljoints are tight, only thing i can see is the drivers sway bar bushing is trashed. But heres the symptom Driving, lightly or moderately touch the brake and...
  3. P

No Heat, Temp all over

ok fixed it...so one of the plastic couplers the person used for removing the heater valve was like melted and mostly blocked off inside. Problem solved. Put the heater valve in. still never gets to the middle of the gauge but its hot.
  4. P

how to replace heater control/bypass valve

yea sombody needs to respond to this, lol i havent a clue which goes where either.
  5. P

No Heat, Temp all over

air lock eh, gosh i have been running and running and squeezing hoses and drove it around. These things are that hard to get air out of?? And there is no heater control valve on this one. At least i dont think so, just 2 hoses going to the core, nothing in them. just a plastic hose coupler. The...
  6. P

No Heat, Temp all over

I am at a loss. I put in 3 different thermostats including a new Ford OEM thermostat. New heater core, new fan clutch. Thing will not warm up all the way, will just go to the N in normal and then falling to cold. Heater is like barley anything. Just cold air really. Driving, revving it up, no...
Back