Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

what to do with my wrecked sploder

that is the coolest looking wreck ive ever seen! the bumper is perfectly bent... i would buy another ex and call it a day. save yours for parts.
  2. W

How to fix your dead warning chime module

more than likely it is a faulty ignition switch. the ignition has a switch in it so it "knows" when the key is in. they get stuck and it trips the warning buzzer.
  3. W

92 navajo starter issue

i was thinking, unplug the coil and crank on it. if it stops cranking when you stop turning the key, i would say it is binding. if it continues to crank when you stop turning the key, i would say check the ignition switch.
  4. W

92 navajo starter issue

sounds like the starter gear is binding on the flywheel. was there a shim installed? maybe you need one.
  5. W

pacesetter trouble

when i was younger i had trouble with my manifold on my inline 6 chevy truck. i found some small vise grips i never used and clamped them on. then i put a hose clamp on the handle so they wouldnt fall off from a pot hole or something. lasted the hole time i had it. i even used to show off to my...
  6. W

pacesetter trouble

yeah i would go back and demand they fix it. call the BBB and call midas corporate office. make sure you have your receipt though. make sure you tell corporate that you called the BBB.
  7. W

pacesetter trouble

if i took something to a professional, i would expect them to act that way, professional. i would not go back to that shop if that is how they treat customers. everybody has a bad day, and exhausts are sometimes not easy without a lift.
  8. W

minimum CFM to keep eninge cool

thanks, if this doesn't work out i will go with the taurus fan. i have seen the how to threads.
  9. W

minimum CFM to keep eninge cool

so the other day i took a look at my stock plastic 9 blade fan, and it was less than 1/4 inch from being cracked all the way through. my clutch was also seized, but ive known that for a few months now. so i took it off and went looking for a replacement fan and clutch. oriellys, then advanced...
  10. W

94 ford explorer 4wd

inside the line that is one the filter, there is a rubber o ring, a snap ring, and a flat type washer. you could get a o ring pick and pull the snap ring out, then pull the o ring out, then put a new o ring in, they sell the snap rings at oriellys in the help section. you can also get o rings...
  11. W

94 Explorer 4x4 problem

when i was doing mine i hooked a two way switch up while it was still hooked up to the truck. it would work sometimes that way. but not always. whenever i bench tested it it ran fine. i assume it was just weak. thats why i found another. the original motor magnet was split in half and the one...
  12. W

94 Explorer 4x4 problem

i have had an issue similar to yours with my old ranger. i took the the motor apart and found the permanent magnet was broken and had chips and pieces rubbing. i replaced it with a craigslist one and i took it apart and the new one also had a bad magnet, but it was alot better.
  13. W

Sport and 4dr fender same?

depending on how the inner was bent, you could drill new holes or widen the existing ones in the fender. ive seen it done before and it will hold just fine. but without a pic im just speculating. good luck!
  14. W

Pulled codes, not sure what to do next?

the octane jumper is right next to the test port. near all the fuses under the hood. if im not mistaken that code is just telling you it is installed. it is supposed to be installed. you remove it if you need to adjust base timing, then put it back in.
  15. W

what to do?

my exhaust is pretty good shape, but i was kinda wondering what it would sound like with either duals or a glass pack. does yours sound pretty good?
  16. W

what to do?

so im waiting on my navajo to break again so i have something to do. im getting bored and i am not sure what i should buy for it. its stock. my income is pretty small but i have room for some fun. so anybody done any useful things i could do to mine? how much does it usually cost for a rear locker?
  17. W

help with buying good shocks

i put the cheap monroe hd shocks on they were $20 a piece at oriellys. they are a little soft for my taste. one thing though, if your having a bad ride quality make sure that your ball joints and bushings are in good shape.
  18. W

LED lights

well i could be a ##### and tell you to google it like some people do. but here is the list. turn signal bulb : 3157 back up bulb : 3156 dash bulb : 194 brake bulb : 3157 tail light bulb : 3157 license plate : 194 side marker : 194 high mount stop light is not...
  19. W

Is it a cracked head?

my guess would be all the water that got in the oil may have done some damage to the rings. that would explain the blue smoke. cold pistons are slightly smaller than warm ones. they expand a little bit when they warm up which would seal the oil in slightly better and if it is enough oil burning...
  20. W

Scavenging for Navajo parts.

are you sure the door panels you have didnt come from a 4 door? the navajo is a carbon copy of the 2 door explorer, aka sport. it wouldnt have been very profitable for ford to produce some 9000 navajos with all new tooling and everything involved.
  21. W

Tachometer Dead and Always on Zero

i would guess your torque convertor is unlocking to give it it a little help in power.
  22. W

Tachometer Dead and Always on Zero

im glad you got it fixed. it always makes me happy when people fix the non essential stuff like that. it seems some people (not the ones on EF) barely keep there car running long enough to drive it too the junk yard.
  23. W

94 Navajo grille

well im sorry to say, that without doing alot of customizing the mazda truck grille will not fit. it is a different body style than our explorer ranger navajo front end. the 93-97 mazda truck looks alot like our grille but the truck is based off the second generation ranger. i hit a deer with...
  24. W

1994 Ford Ranger misfire and hesitation - really need help

you dont use very much gas to rev it up with no load. the motor spins up so fast that any pressure you built up by idling would be enough to rev it like that. my ranger ran the exact same way your describing when i first bought it. changed the fuel filter and it was gone instantly. maybe change...
  25. W

Cranks but wont fire....Plz help ASAP

my fuel pump wont run when there is still enough pressure in the line. like if i cycle the key a few times, it wont turn on the pump unless i crank it again. then it will do it all over again. mine runs fine. i read somewhere in this forum about the ecm must be the exact same model number or it...
Back