Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Can I replace 2WD transmission with 4WD transmission?

I have a 2000 4.0 OHV with 2WD and a bad transmission! I have two questions: What model years can I look for that will fit my 2000? Can I really take a 4WD tranny, unbolt the transfer case, replace the tail cone with the one from my old tranny, and get it working in my 2WD? Sincere...
  2. F

For Sale 2000 Explorer V6 ECM (automatic) - $80.00 OBO

Engine Control Module for 2000 Ford Explorer, the 4.0L V6 SOHC engine, 2-wheel automatic trans. Works great, no rebuild or reprogram required! Will ship for $10.00 flat rate. PM or call (leave name, number and message) at 706-76Six-2833.
  3. F

Explorer 4.0L SOHC engine replacement HELP!

Swapped the ECU, used the wire harness from the donor engine and plugged into the connector from the firewall of the host vehicle. Didn't pull the 3 plugs off the driver's side firewall, though. Open to suggestions.
  4. F

Added pic Please see the original post for a pic, I think it matches well with 2000StreetRod's description.
  5. F

I think you're on the right track! It's in the center of the picture, angled from top left to bottom right, and held to the face of the block by a bracket. Connection on the right side to the hose is what we need, so we're looking for a hose to the fuel vapor management valve? I remember...
  6. F

Post pics? Don't know if it's because I'm new here, but can't figure out how to post a pic. I do it routinely on other forums with the same software... Any suggestions? I'd love to show you what I'm talking about.
  7. F

We embarked before Christmas on a project to replace the 4.0L OHV engine in our 2000 Explorer with the 4.0L SOHC engine. We got the old engine out, got the new engine in, now connecting everything to get it running. What is the black plastic tube that comes off the top of the engine below...
Back