Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Warranty - Powertrain

Ive had some major engine damage at 62k. I had it in a Ford shop to fix the symptoms before it was at 60k. They didnt fix it and now its bad. In the experience of the forum, will the warranty be honored since they knew about it during that warranty period and didnt rectify it?
  2. M

LOOOONG Starts for my 3.5L

Good call on the key trick. I'll give it a try. I don't have access to a Ford mechanic. I think I mentioned that already.
  3. M

LOOOONG Starts for my 3.5L

Hi All, I'd take it to the dealer, but I live overseas and unfortunately don't have access. My Ex is experiencing some really long starts (close to 10 seconds) Its a bit disconcerting. Once it starts, the car runs fine. It's a 2013 and has about 60k on it. The fuel pump recall work has been...
  4. M

Salvage Doors?

Hi guys. I backed into my wife's Tuxedo Black 2013 with my truck. I really messed up both passenger side doors. Problem is that I live in Europe and not only do they not sell Explorers, but they don't have Tuxedo Black either. Anyone know where I can look online for salvage doors?
  5. M

Collapsed Upper Rad Hose

Has anyone experienced this? I just noticed it this morning. The engine is completely cool, has sat overnight and the top hose is nearly completely collapsed in two places. 3.5L 2013 model
  6. M

Help. Ex wont start. Stranded in Germany.

I shipped it when I moved here. Its the only one I've seen so far. I've gotten a lot of strange looks and a few comments. Wait... maybe that wasnt the car.
  7. M

Car started like a tiger. Drove all the way to dijon today. Yeah... The mustard place in france. Ford service at a dealer in the states tells me that 13.4 v from the alternator is in spec. Seems that all will be fine. Ill post a pic of my rigged battery set up when i finally get home. Ya know...
  8. M

Found a similar sized battery this morning and put it in. It was too tall for the hold down so i had to tie it down with some rope and zip ties. I made it to italy and parked. Hopefully it starts in the morning. I did stop on the way and had a guy at a service center put a meter on it. It read...
  9. M

Octoberfest is over. Its mainly in september actually. So no luck there. I agree that its odd that a battery would be "dead" but the lights still bright. Its clear that the computer is going nuts. Im getting alarm errors, hdc errors, and "battery saver mode" messages. My thinking is that there...
  10. M

Hi all. Hope some of you can lend a hand. Im currently in germany on a road trip with the family. The explorer#wont start. This has happened a few times over the past few weeks but a simple jump had done the trick. The problem seemingly began when i killed the battery by leaving the radio on...
  11. M

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

Roof cargo racks Im strongly considering a cargo rack. I have factory croosbars and would like to add a yakima loadwarrior or megawarrior. Im having trouble deciding which one. Does anybody havea photo handy with either of these intsalled? Thanks a ton.
  12. M

Experiences with hill descent control?

I tried this feature over the weekend where we got about 13 inches of snow. I enabled the control while descending a pretty steep hill in the snow. The feature seemed to function, but seemed to cause the abs to kick in almost constantly. It makes a heck of a racket and is far from smooth. Has...
  13. M

Inboard armrests in the 2nd-row bucket seats

If anybody finds a good aftermarket solution or upholstered who can do it, make sure to post it up.
  14. M

How To Track Transport to Dealer?

Ditto. Im trying to grt some resolution on when and where my car is. Its finished, but not at the dealer yet.
  15. M

Good deal?

I wouldnt say that they are screwing you, but they sure arent giving you a good price. The dealer is entitled to ask for whatever they want, its collectively up to us consumers to tell them whats fair. For reference I just had a factory ordered 2013 xlt 202a, awd, blis, cargo shade, roof...
  16. M

Aftermarket Grilles?

Now thats interesting. Id like to see what it looks like on the vehicle.
  17. M

2013 XLT 2nd row bucket seats not availalble yet ?

Ive been waiting on mine since a february order. How did you get yours so fast? Was it on the lot?
  18. M

looking for a trunk/cargo organizer...

I hate to ask, but is there any way you could post a photo of it installed?
  19. M

2013 xlt

Did you get the second row buckets on your ex?
  20. M

Aftermarket Grilles?

What billet grills?
  21. M

Explorer Nav vs. Edge Nav

You are right to be disappointed. If you dont mind me asking, where is the gps antenna located on your edge vs the explorer? Are your roof rack cross bars in closer proximity on the explorer?
  22. M

2013 XLT w/ 2nd row captain chairs

Does anyone have any updated information on the second row order status hold? Its almost mid july... This is getting rediculous.
  23. M

Anyone running 265/65/18's?

Gotcha. I made the mistake of assuming that if additional radius is stated as creating additional load, and additional weight is stated as creating additional load, then it would be self evident to all readers that the combination would also create additional load. I guess corky wanted to...
  24. M

Anyone running 265/65/18's?

Corky, Could you please explain your assertion? If you are referring to the additional distance between the axle and the outer circumference of the tire, that has already been discussed. The 3-6% diameter increase that was previously mentioned has covered your concern. If you are referring...
Back