Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

No Lights!!!!

Stuck on the side of the road with no headlights eh?? well grab some wire and run a hot from the battery to the headlights HAHA until ya get home! Just a quick-get-you-home kind of a fix though..
  2. Y

Engine running hot and no heat inside - Thermostat?

sorry for the quick hijack, but what do you guys think about that radiator sealant crap? it looks like a million little aluminum shards in a small tube.. I used it once in a car i had and after i used it i think my coolant problem got worse! oh well, car long gone and smashed up at the junk yard...
  3. Y

K&N interchangability

I just did a quick research to this and, from what i found, it seems to be interchangeable. Don't quote me, but I do, from what I found, believe it is interchangeable
  4. Y

Engine running hot and no heat inside - Thermostat?

i had this problem with a car i had a while back. First thing i thought, oh great my thermostat is done ... then i popped the hood and realized i didn't put my radiator cap back on. like you, i was running hot and had no heat inside the vehicle. maybe there is a leak..? or bad circulation..?
  5. Y

Where is the Crankshaft Sensor located at?

remove the bolts, then unplug her.. pretty straight forward. nothing should break, well at least nothing broke on me.
  6. Y

Where is the Crankshaft Sensor located at?

I just replaced my crankshaft position sensor on my 97 Explorer 5.0. The sensor is right in the front by the water pump and the fan. The best way, well what I found out the hard way, to replace is to take of the belt. It gets in the way a little bit. The bolts are 8mm (I found that 5/16 fits...
Back