Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Transmission slip when shifting gears

Recently my explorer has been slipping out of gear when it shifts from 1st to 2nd. It only seems to do it when the rpms are around 2300 more. It seems like when it shifts it slips out of gear for a second, the rpms jump up like it goes into neutral and then it catches and shifts into 2nd. it...
  2. E

Paper towel sucked into engine while replacing intake manifold gaskets

well I got my explorer all fixed up again I managed to get as much out of the intake valves as I could and the rest just burned up. the fuel problem turned out to be a stuck open injector that was just pissing fuel all the time. Once I replaced that she was back to running pretty like she used...
  3. E

they did get stuck at the intake valves but they didn't go all the way in so i got as much out as possible. and they were the blue nice shop paper towels so they were a little bit nicer. how should i go about getting the parts of the towel that went past the intake valves?
  4. E

So I was replacing the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets and while i was cleaning the upper part of the gaskets i stuffed paper towel into it to prevent crud from falling into the engine. When i took off the middle section to gain access to the lower gaskets i stuffed paper towel into the...
  5. E

mysterious vibrations and humming?

It wasn't wobbling within the hub I bent the hub itself causing the tire to wobble. But I hope it's not my rear diff or I taking it back because I just had it rebuilt last year
  6. E

k so i replaced the axle shaft and the wheel bearing for it and while it does ride a little smoother the humming has not gone away. this leads me to think its something along the driveline (u-joints, transmission, driveshaft). it starts around 30's with a small hum and gets the loudest and...
  7. E

i did slide into a curb a few years back and i ended up knocking the tire off the bead and cracking the rim. i did just notice a little while back the the hub wobbles when you spin it. i know i need to fix that but not sure what needs replacing also if it is the problem why is it just...
  8. E

well there is still the play in the driveshaft but it could also be a rear wheel bearing
  9. E

My truck has been loud lately, at first i thought it was just tire noise so i rotated my tires thinking they might be wearing funny. now i feel like its not tire noise at all. i hear a humming and feel a vibrations around 40 mph and on the highway occasionally a loud humming as well. not sure...
  10. E

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

fresh new bumper Just finished my bumper any opinions?
  11. E

disconnecting airbag sensors

I'm doing front end work on my 2000 ford explorer. I was wondering if I can disconnect the airbag sensors or if they would go off when I disconnect them. I may need to move them so I need to know.
  12. E

suv with a locking differential

Well I've never worked in one because I don't have one I can work on anything on my truck that's how you learn take it apart put it back together. I've worked on them in other vehicle just not my own
  13. E

I'm not sure what size i would need and would u be able to do it myself or do I have to have someone else do it
  14. E

Hey does anyone know some good SUVs or trucks with a locking differential? Right now I have a ford explorer sport but looking for something similar and with a locking differential. Does anyone knows any vehicles like this that came stock with a locking diff?
  15. E

mounting my new custom bumper

hey im building a new custom bumper for my explorer. im either going to mount it to the T-brackets that the bumper mounts to or i was thinking of making L brackets like the kind youd use to mount a brush guard to the frame. im looking for someone who has mounted a bumper before and which would...
  16. E

wisonsin offroad areas

im looking around for some off road areas in the wisconsin area. i already know about the pipeline further up north, but ive heard about some spots a little lower in the state around cedarburg and then one more in a different area. let me know if you know any more areas.
  17. E

violent shaking when on highway

k i just replaced my tie rod ends and then had a wheel alignment done and now when i go on the highway if i hit a bump or something it will start to shake. sometimes its just the steering wheel a little bit other times it will be the whole truck. im not sure what it could be i balanced the...
  18. E

Making a brush guard mount

im looking for someone to send me blueprints to make brush guard mounts for my 2000 ford explorer sport. or i was wonder if some one would be willing to make me some mount for my explorer id be willing to pay you for them.
  19. E

HELP!- Brush guard installation 2000 Explorer.

new Brush guard having trouble wwith mounting brackets i just bought a new brush guard for my 2000 ford explorer sport and i dont think the mounting brackets on it are right does anyone have a design for how to make some brackets or does anyone know where a can buy some mounting brackets for it.
  20. E

Stronger steel bumper make

How much would you want just the front bumper for
  21. E

Stronger steel bumper make

Looking for a way to either get a steel bumper both rear and front for my 2000 ford explorer sport I was thinking either make a new custom bumper or try and find one but idk if I could find one would someone be able to gimmie some blueprints of something so I could make one I wanna put the tube...
Back