Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Concerning Issues With 2013 Explorer Limited 4WD

All Thanks for the replies and help as always. I wanted to post a quick update. After the Ex was towed yesterday to the dealer, they jumped on it straight away which was fantastic to hear. I shared all the info I had seen along with what i had attempted (trickle charge overnight that didn't do...
  2. W

Thanks all. I have another question, if the dealer does state its battery and will swap out under warranty 1) do we know what they are putting in the unit as standard (something like the cheapest BXL-59 on fordparts) or better and 2) is it worth getting them to upgrade over the standard to...
  3. W

Any recommendations for aftermarket batteries if it comes to that ? I saw in another thread someone mention a Costco battery
  4. W

All, so would the battery be covered under warranty as this is the original and never been replaced ?
  5. W

Thanks all, yep as I mentioned I wanted to be sure so have the tow and appointment set for tomorrow and will report back on what is found. From what I read on other threads, the battery IS covered by warranty ? This vehicle only has about 25k on it and have had it from new. Thanks again
  6. W

All, quick update here. I finally got the Ex to start on a 2nd or 3rd jump and with a little bit of gas peddle. I then drove the vehicle for about 30-35 minutes. Came back, turned the car off, tried to turn it on about 30 seconds later, completely dead. So would appear it gained nothing from...
  7. W

All Jumped in the EX yesterday and tried to start it, got the click click click click sound (as in like a completely dead battery) then a whole host of warnings and failure lights (hill descent control failure, check system brake etc amongst others). Thinking this could be battery related I...
  8. W

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

Turns out mine is a dead camera according to Ford. Shows the video but cannot zoom, no trajectory lines etc, now waiting for a replacement. Why they couldn't have tested the camera the first time (as they installed it at that appointment) is beyond me and caused a lot of issues due to the drive...
  9. W

Help With Rusting Chrome/Plastic Explorer Name Above Liftgate Button On Limited

All Just wanted to provide an update. Took to the dealer and they stated if it wasn't a digital image type replacement (where Ford has images taken and sent to them for approval of work) then it would probably not be covered. Luckily this area did not fall under that so the work was completed...
  10. W

Can you download old updates ?

All I took my 2013 Exp LTD in for camera work and comes back today with no active lines or trajectory at all. Zoom also does not work now. When I checked the SW about screen its showing 3.48.9 which if that relates to MFT I know I updated to 3.6.2 when out so wonder if they put an older SW...
  11. W

Rear Camera - No Guidelines Show

I had my EXPLORER lamp chrome plastic decal thing (where camera is connected) replaced and now the camera also does not show active lines or trajectory lines ! This appears to be something that dealers are not doing properly, very frustrating as I am a 30-45 minute drive from closest one. guess...
  12. W

Peter Thanks for your reply. That was my first stop (by phone at least) and one dealer stated $294 for Shield & Cross member and used my VIN to tell me that was all I needed but the other even with the VIN told me the $700 which included the camera. I think we would all agree that if these...
  13. W

I am being told 2 different things on this, 1 that the cross member and shield can be purchased for around $290 without camera but that would fit it and someone else telling me I would have to spend close to $700 with camera. I don't need the camera as I already have one that is working...
  14. W

Looks like this could be part number 13B482BA, to me the flaking away of this part should be a warranty issue, anyone had any experience with this problem and also know how/what is involved with parts replacement of this piece, easy to do or not ?
  15. W

Hi all Trying to identify a part The explorer logo that is like a silver foil/plastic of the raised EXPLORER name that is across the liftgate on my 2013 Limited is starting to peel off ! Anyone know if this is covered by warranty and if not what is the part number for one of these chrome...
  16. W

Mud Flaps / Splash Guards / DIY Pics

What did you use on the side for the fronts (the holes were the nylon fixers were before) at the part where it attaches to the side of the existing plastic trim and has a screw track rather than hole ? I couldn't find anything long enough at parts stores that would fit so I used a screw in...
  17. W

Mine doesn't seem to have that bad a gap but like I said I cannot figure out step 7 on the instructions and which screw I am meant to use their as the depth of the screw track/hole is not deep enough. As I cannot find the instructions online or post a picture to this message that I have taken...
  18. W

All I installed the flaps and look good. Had some minor issues and a question. Issues first. On the rears the instructions show the 3 items to remove from the existing lining as screws with a screwdriver but 2 are actually nuts, minor gripe aside the middle screw to remove on the rears is...
  19. W

Splash Guards

Ok picked up the cargo liner (OEM) and the mud flaps so am getting ready to install
  20. W

Thanks Peter for summarizing. I hope there may be a way to close the gap or, I don't know move the installation point to help but that may not be the case. Lastly can anyone comment if the instructions show drill bit size needed or not. If not can anyone share that info here in what bit size...
  21. W

Splash Guards

Thanks Peter for merging. So is this gap caused irregardless of dealer vs personal install and has anyone come up with a way to make this more snug or effectively close the gap ? Thanks
  22. W

Let us know how the rears go and send pics of install if you can Thanks ! [ QUOTE=huskerdude;3275770]Yes, just put them on the front,fairly easy, had to drill (1)hole on each side. Will do the rear ones next !
  23. W

All, do all fasteners/screws come with the OEM flaps when you purchase ?
  24. W

Splash Guards

Any one have pics :)
  25. W

Any special mention of tools you needed for these ? Thanks
Back