Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Lower Ball Joints?

I am looking at replacing lower ball joints, among other parts on my 04 ST. I have found just the ball joints and the lower "A" arm assembly with ball joints. The maintenance manual says the ball joints can't be replaced and the assembly must be replaced. So can the ball joints be removed...
  2. T

Helper Spring question

Ok I read the link provided above and it still doesn't answer my question. What brand and part number do I need for my 04? I'm looking at Hellwig because they seem to be the only ones I can find that list a ST but it only shows an application for 01. Let me try and be a little more clear...
  3. T

Helper Spring question

I need to install a set of helper springs to help level my Trac after I get it loaded. I can't seem to find a set of helper springs, has anybody installed a set and why brand did you install? I'm not in a location to do a AAL install. Thanks for any help.
  4. T

2001 sport after coming to a stop idle slow and then shuts off

Something else that won't show a code is the torque converter, and if it is going out it will do just what you described.
  5. T

16in Rim back spacing

16in Rim back spacing 16in rims the back spacing is about 4.5in. I bought a set of 16in rims from craigslist listed for a 2005 Explorer. The 05 rims have a back spacing of about 5.75in I thought the back spacing would be the same? Another thing I have found with the wheel turned all the way...
  6. T

Black stock wheels

Brent, where do you find the graphite paint?
  7. T

Need Custom Head Light Advise

This the link for the ones on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-03-04-05-FORD-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-TAIL-LIGHTS-BLACK-/140723626872?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item20c3c82378
  8. T

Need Custom Head Light Advise

I am looking for a set of custom black head lights and matching tail lights for my 04 ST. I found a set on ebay but I'm not sure about the quality. so I'm coming to the collective and asking for help, thanks.
  9. T

O/D Lt

I had a E350 do the same thing, I know different vehicle, but the OD light started blinking and the transmission was dead about 50 miles later. IMHO smell the fluid if it smells burnt or is discolored change it.
  10. T

Radio won't turn off plz help

Confirmed, the door ajar switch is broken. It's snapped off and hanging by the wire. Dealership wants $64.50 for a new one plus labor to install. I could do the install myself but I'm heading out of town for a job. I may just wait and get the part and fix it myself at this point it's just an...
  11. T

@ ncranchero. Good question, something I failed to mention and another reason I think it could be the door ajar switch. When the driver door is open the dome lights do not come on, also the open door light in the dash does not come on. If any other door is open the dome lights come on and the...
  12. T

After more playing with the door I am thinking it's a switch in the driver door. When I open any other door the "door ajar" light comes on in the dash, how ever when I open the driver door it does not come on. I am 99.9% convinced it's the switch. Now does anybody know where the switch is...
  13. T

Radio won't turn off plz help *UPDATE* This will be my 2nd post but not my last to be sure. I have an 04 Sport Trac XLS. My problem, when I turn off the truck and get out the radio keeps playing. I thought maybe it was on a timer and would shut off after a minute. When I came out of the...
  14. T

Introduction

Hello all. I have a used 04 Sport Trac with a little over 88000mi. I have wanted a Sport Trac for a long time and now I finally have one. I live in VA but work as a contractor all over the US. Maybe when I'm home I can meet up with some other members in my area or meet some members when...
Back