Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

I really hope they do, I just spent a good chunk on 265 BFG AT's...and they are due in tomorrow! Let us know!
  2. S

2002-2005 FAQ regarding lifts, tires, etc

Just got this from my tire guy. He won't order 265 70's for me.
  3. S

What would it take?

Thanks guys...I had a feeling it would be a nightmare. Sounds like a future project maybe? :)
  4. S

What would it take?

What would it take to put a set of BFG AT's on my 04 Explorer? LT 315 / 70 R 17 New wheels? 6" lift? Is it even worth it? I have the availability to get 5 of these tires for $400. I need tires anyway that are going to run me about a grand new, so I was thinking if I can get a lift and...
  5. S

Rear Lift Gate (upper one) Plastic broke in half

First cold night of the year...and Sunny morning yesterday. CRACK! :mad:
  6. S

What is this?

LOL! Yes I knew it's no where near my speakers...I was just popping panels...didn't look familiar to me. Thank you!
  7. S

Loud clicking 2002 mounty awd

Ive been reading for hours and best I can see is that's a sign of a wheel bearing going? Sounds EXACTLY like auto-locking hubs I had on my truck when they disengaged.
  8. S

Loud clicking 2002 mounty awd

Mine's doing the same thing...I'm thinking it's something to do with the auto-locking hubs...I get it from both front sides. My AWD still works fine though...
  9. S

What is this?

OK, so I was poking around under panels today, trying to figure out why my left rear speaker stopped working...(Incidentally, it was corroded connections on the speaker and the connector). I opened the hatch, and the panel on the left side had this in it. What is it?
  10. S

2002-2005 (02-05) Explorer rear door panel removal for speaker access HOW-TO

You should be able to just snip some slots in a fan pattern and bend them in to fit the 6x9s in. don't need to cut the hole out completely. Just make sure you bend them in enough not to vibrate on the new speaker frame and that the window opens all the way without scraping.
  11. S

Fusion Key?

Thinking of buying an 06 Fusion key for my 04 X...the one with the keyfob built on. Is anyone here using it? Any tricks?
  12. S

04 Explorer Backup sensors going off?

Every once in a while, my backup sensors are off...and I cannot turn them on, the switch does nothing. Anyone ever hear of this? :confused:
  13. S

XLT or NBX

Odd...Ford Parts says mine is an XLT, but my insurance says it's an NBX when I gave them the VIN...?
  14. S

How to: Program a replacement PATS key Ford Key Programming

So, if you only have one key, you cannot add another without the dealer doing it? I have one key for my X, and I am looking to add 2 more from the Fusion/Edge with the fob built into the top of it...
  15. S

New to me - 04 Explorer NBX

Hey guys/gals. I'm new to the forum. Have not owned an explorer since I had a Sport Trak in 2001 when I lived in CA. I had a lift and 33" tires on it, but this 04 4-door is more for hauling my DJ gear around and driving around with my daughter. It's got its share of little quirks, but it's in...
Back