Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

O2 Sensor questions

lol thats definitely not it then. In the morning when she texts me ill ask her what the exact code was. She said the diagnostic page they printed for her said It was either a fuel issue, a o2 sensor or a dirty MAF. I had the code before, i cleaned the MAF and fuel system before and reset the car...
  2. D

O2 Sensor questions

Awesome, i appreciate it bud. Im getting a p106 code if i remember what she told me correctly. When i looked it up it came up as running rich and said either the fuel system (which would give me a lean, so no clue why it said fuels), the o2 sensors or the MAF. the only logical being the sensors...
  3. D

O2 Sensor questions

2005 v6 4.0 SOHC Eddie Bauer 2wd. Thanks, ill give the site a look bud.
  4. D

O2 Sensor questions

I tried the search function but didnt find any threads in the search for the Third Gens. I have two questions, how many o2 sensors are there? and where are they located? Even doing a google search my browser came up with nothing useful. All for older model explorers or other model fords. Any...
  5. D

Stereo Problems

i have the 2005 eddie beauer edition. And awesome! Ill find one that has that wire harness kit already there and hopefully it will work!
  6. D

Stereo Problems

Havent posted for a while. I used the search function and google but didnt find anything that was applicable to what i wanted to do or it was for older models fords without the Sub/Amp setup. I changed my stereo unit up front to one with an aux port. Problem is my sub and amp wont work now...
  7. D

changing back door on 02 explorer

Ive heard that you can do it but it requires making new holes for the bolts to mount the door.
  8. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Got them HID's. Thanks to HIDVisions. Guy has some great prices! Bought these the other day from him and installed them.
  9. D

Do the MPG Computer chips really work

I went with a cold air intake, a superchips flashpaq tuner and electrical fan conversion. Ive seen a bit in gain. Most people have been complaining they barely get 250 miles to a tank. I get about 350-375 a tank. The most ive seen was 400 but i was only driving on base at 15-35mph. I drove...
  10. D

Antenna Delete?

to be honest, didnt think of getting a new base.. just went straight to the delete thought.. Wow, this was a waste of a thread.. a new one didnt even cross my mind. Ill ebay the prices on one. Thanks guys.
  11. D

Antenna Delete?

Ive googled but havent found anything on this yet. Im looking for something that will do away with the whole antenna thing. (not the antenna deletes that just screw into the antenna mount) The part that mounts to the side of the car that the antenna screws into, well some jackass kids thought it...
  12. D

cold air intake for 05 V6 explorer

build one, its cheaper and easy
  13. D

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

oddly i needed a crow bar to get the rear spring in. Dont ask why it just wouldnt work so we used a crow bar..
  14. D

programmer and intake

I have a cold air and a superchips flash paq on the octane mileage saver setting. Just drove from arkansas to california with 32inch mud tires, with about 500 extra pounds of luggage and a spare matching tire. Drove between 80-85 the whole way and averaged 350 miles to the tank. Most people...
  15. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The BFG's are pretty loud. I have 32 inch km2's. Just drove 2000 miles on them on the last two days. The are noisy but not as bad as i thought they would have been. Great tires though!
  16. D

No, thats not usual. Mine didnt have that trouble. You can do limiter straps to help? Or if you have to go back to stock shocks with spacers until you can afford the UCA's and when you get those swap the spacers to the new shocks, and install the new UCA's. I wouldnt drive on it if you cant even...
  17. D

Yeah, i mean its all a chance game really. You cant really determine or make a call saying it will or wont. I just for the saftey of my family when they ride with me bought them. Im sure you could go a while on them without issues. As long as your easy on them. The roads in arkansas are...
  18. D

I did for like a whole 5 minutes and saw the pictures of a person here on the forum who ran stock control arms and they tore apart. i didnt find it safe and wouldnt put my wife and daughter inside something that dangerous. So i invested in the UCA's. Made very well and gave me plenty of...
  19. D

Lifting.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312012 http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279667 Spacers are 270 shipped.
  20. D

Rancho Quicklift

Yes he does. i want to say i paid 570 shipped. Id give him a call to make sure. its been over a year..
  21. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

How do you drive? like a drag racer? The only things ive done performance wise is added a CAI, and have a tuner that has it in the octane setting to get better mileage and whoever had it before me regeared it. I drive fairly modest unless im in the dirt. But i usually run about 380 to the tank...
  22. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Even though i have a 3 inch and 32 inch mudders i still get good mileage. My last tank was 389 miles to it! not to bad at all!
  23. D

Rancho Quicklift

Bft fabrications makes them. I believe he does any size up to three inches for 250 shipped. I have them currently and like they lift they give. give him a text or call, 909-702-7462
  24. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Hmm try a small lift and see what you can do. Before i put the lift on i would get high centered alot! Now i just cruise over it. But sadly thats all bout to change. My wife doesnt like it lifted so ill most likely be returning it to stock height. but my new toy will be nice and lifted:)
  25. D

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Yikes, im trying to beat on my ex less now. I was running it hard for a while, breaking things left and right. Gets expensive because sadly the parts are still a pretty penny and you dont find any 3rd gens in a junkyard for cheapo parts. Ill hopefully be getting a 1st gen here come janurary or...
Back