Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

grinding and pulling

I dropped it off at the local Ford dealer to have them check the codes and diagnose. I will let you know the results.
  2. S

grinding and pulling

So the weird thing is now is on first start the grinding happens. Putting it into 4 wheel high works. Then after driving for a bit in auto the grinding stops and the lights flash. 4 Wheel high still works howerver the light does not stay on. Once i stop the turn off the truck again the same...
  3. S

grinding and pulling

The tires are the same size. I do have different brands on the front vs. the rear but the same size tires. I did end up putting a new shift motor in since the local store had one in stock rebuilt for 100 bucks. Unfortunetely that did not solve the issue. Driving after installing the new...
  4. S

grinding and pulling

Thanks for the info. I will remove the motor and test it.
  5. S

grinding and pulling

Thanks for the fast response crazymind. Im just wondering what could cause the shift motor to engage at all. I am probably just not understanding the shift motor and how it is suppose to work but I thought it would only be used when switching into 4 wheel High, low or auto. Thats why it seems...
  6. S

grinding and pulling

Hello All, I have been having an issue with my 99 Ford Explorer. It began making grinding noises when accellerating and pulling slightly right. I put the truck in a shop and spent way too much money to not get it fixed as they replaced my front and rear diff and I still have the same problem...
Back