Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1997 xlt

1997 xlt

2. T

Thanks, I have a 3" body lift + shackles+ add a leafs+ tt. Comes to a total of about 5" of lift...

Thanks, I have a 3" body lift + shackles+ add a leafs+ tt. Comes to a total of about 5" of lift. Its the cheapest and easiest way of lifting it. I could only fit 32"s. Some of the guys can fit 33"s
  3. T

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

Hey, if you need an extra hand I'm local. I'll be glad to get dirty.
  4. T

Official Ny Thread!!

Hey I would meet up. I live on the border in bergen county. I'll travel. I just have to know a couple weeks ahead.
  5. T

From wanna be to ELITE!

I see it's not a street queen. Very nice truck
  6. T

'Off' road test after some work

I like that truck alot. That is a sweet bumper.
  7. T

Trailor Brake Controller

You have to buy the brake controller. It should have a wiring diagram with it. Wires have to be run to the back of the truck The second post has a write up.
  8. T

Trailor Brake Controller

I did mine it wasn't hard just time consuming. I removed my RH license plate light and mounted the connector there. It works perfect.
  9. T

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

I agree with DB 1. I like the bajas for the look on the street. Use both if possible.
  10. T

My Hot Explorer

Sorry to hear. Do you know how it started? I'm glad you got out.
  11. T

offroad basket

I have the yakima rack. It holds up pretty good.
  12. T

Lower ball joint question

I never ran into that problem. I guess the only way to find out is to take it apart and look. Worst case you will have to replace the lower control arm.
  13. T

Picture requests: Offroad lights/mounts

Nice simple and easy.
  14. T

add a leaf install question and shock question

I left both ends of the leafs hooked up when I did my aal.
  15. T

a lesson learned in mud

Where did you find mud? I keep looking for little muddy areas.
  16. T

Steering problems on '99

Is it possible you turned the wheel while the truck was not running. I had pushed my truck into the shop to fix it. It was not running. One of the ford techs had told me that was the worst thing far the p/s rack. Needless to say I ended up with same problem as you. But alot worse, almost...
  17. T

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

I figured you would have started this project a long time ago. Considering all the work you have done so far. Its not like your truck has minor bolt ons. Should be a nice build.
  18. T

5.0 intake and cat back system

My 97 5.0 had the square filter. I installed the k&n with no problems. Once you remove the stock air box the inner fenders are the same. I mean between round and square boxes. The kit comes with the brackets to mount the round k&n.
  19. T

PIAA 525 question

I have piaa 525's.I mounted them on my grill guard origanally with no modification. Now they are on my front bumper. They have a typical nut and bolt mount. I believe I used a 1/2 inch bit to drill the holes in the bumper. They have a 17mm nut on them. I hope this is what you are looking for.
  20. T

4.0 SOHC faster than 5.0

I want to have a tug of war 5.0 vs 4.0 sohc. Yeah the sohc is faster, but I drive a truck not a sports car. I would rather tow my heavy trailer with my 5.0 than a sohc. I have a bike to go fast on.
  21. T

Full Foot Notch, Version 3, Rockwells and more

Yeah I'm waiting for more progress pics.
  22. T

How dependable is the keyless door entry?

Never had a problem. I use mine daily. But, now that I said that tomorrow it prolly won't work. Thanks
Back