Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Help wiring electric fan

Thank you for the link. My brother was helping me map it out as well. It is very informative. I'll post my results when I'm done.
  2. T

Help wiring electric fan

There is no controller. 4 wires. Blue from fan to relay. Black wire with extra eyelet. Red wire with fuse. And white wire all connected to to relay. With the thermostat and circuit breaker. I appreciate your response so much but can you draw a simple schematic with my wire colors so I can fully...
  3. T

Help wiring electric fan

Hey all! I have a 94 sport ex. I deleted ac and clutch fan. I purchased a demotor 16"electric fan kit with thermostat. For the record I am not a master at wiring. That being said the kit has the relay fuse and circuit breaker. I have everything mounted where I want but I'm having trouble. I'm...
  4. T

Dana 35 front pumpkin removal

Could you weld back the notch? I'm a nube. Just an idea.
  5. T

Help wiring a 16" electric fan conversion

Hey all! I have a 94 sport ex. I deleted ac andclutch fan. I purchased a demotor 16"electric fan kit with thermostat. For the record I am not a master at wiring. That being said the kit has the relay fuse and circuit breaker. I have everything mounted where I want but I'm having trouble. I'm not...
  6. T

Can a first gen ex's wiring harness for an auto work in a manual?

I get the same problem with my 94 ex. And it is loose connections in the fuse box under the hood. The relay contacts expand over time from heat exposure. What I used to do before I took it apart and squeezed them all back together was turn key on lift hood wiggle relays till I could hear them...
  7. T

Need help wiring demotor electric fan kit

Hey all! I have a 94 sport ex. I deleted ac and clutch fan. I purchased a demotor 16"electric fan kit with thermostat. For the record I am not a master at wiring. That being said the kit has the relay fuse and circuit breaker. I have everything mounted where I want but I'm having trouble with...
  8. T

How to identify?

The machine shop and autozone confirm this is a symmetrical part. So now im.going to stop freaking out.
  9. T

How to identify?

I did. Im just freaking out because I cant figure it out I searched like crazy. But my ac bracket and alternator bracket line up perfect but theres a mark from the ground bolt I remember being on the back left head and it is now in front right. But everything has fit so.well and I didnt notice...
  10. T

Injectors to buy?

I ruined the tip on one removing it to clean my intake. I dont want to only replace one with the amount of miles on them. I am going to go oem from parts store to make returns easier just in case.
  11. T

How to identify?

How do I identify left and right side cylinder heads? I know this question is ridiculous but I had my engine apart for a while and they seem to line up very well both ways. I just dont want to get too far with a mistake like this. 4.0 of course. 1994 sport 4x4.
  12. T

Injectors to buy?

Im rebuilding my 94 4.0. What injectors should I buy. Looking for the best value. But reliability is most important. Really looking for both.
  13. T

Looking for complete engine tear down with pics. First gen. Has anyone done this?

Looking for complete engine tear down with pics. First gen. Has anyone done this?
  14. T

Wanting to improve highway ride stability.

It's an ohio vehicle rusty pulls to the right has some chassis vibration. 197,000 miles on it. I'm not driving it yet till I can dig into it.
  15. T

Wanting to improve highway ride stability.

Hello, I have recently acquired a 94 explorer sport 5 speed. It needs basically whole new chassis. But I was wondering what are the best things I can buy or do to smooth out my highway ride and boost fuel economy. I bought it for the sole purpose to drive back and forth to work. 72 mile round...
  16. T

What size tool fits font spindle lock nut, 94 EB

According to the manuals I've seen the stock is a hex nut. Just not sure what size. After market is the keyed socket. I've not torn into it yet Because I don't want to tear down my rig and get stuck because I don't have the right tool.
  17. T

What size tool fits font spindle lock nut, 94 EB

I just bought a manual locking hub conversion kit and I'm trying to tool up for the job. Now I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what tool size I'm needing for the spindle lock nut. I would really appreciate a factual answer. Thanks! 1994 Ford Explorer E.B. 4x4
  18. T

can't find the answer

Yeah I have the square grill also more than sure its a 94
  19. T

can't find the answer

No I'm the idiot,though I had lots of luck at the JY. The wires are the color indicated by the diagrams and i found all the connectors I needed at the JY. Apparently I'm color blind at night. It still sucks the truck has no speakers but at least ill be able to easily figure out how to by pass...
  20. T

can't find the answer

I have a 94 E.B. MFD sticker 11/94. I am going to put a cd player in it cause the po's cut the factory harnesses and my wife drives it and shes up my ass to get some tunes. So I'm digging for diagrams and everything i find says g/y wire for constant. my truck does not have this wire or any other...
Back