Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Anyone can steal your X

Just a note. In some municipalities (NYC for example) it is illegal to cover the VIN on the dash and you can receive a ticket for this.
  2. S

Lucas Oil Stabilizer...

That's an interesting test in a garage. Here is a real life, real world, summer in NY story. I had a 92 Chevy Caprice my friend "lent" to me after I sold my car. I'm driving along one summer morning and the oil pressure srops, the car stalls, and dies. I restart it and the same thing...
  3. S

Disable Autolocks on '03 XLS ?

You can disable the autolock feature without the keypad I believe. I'll double check my manual and let you know. If anyone knows the sequence, feel free to post it first.
  4. S

Good price on extended warranty

You can get this warranty up to 100,000 miles. However, after 60, it gets expensive. Also, I like the idea of a Ford warranty where I can go back to the dealer, or any Ford dealer for that matter.
  5. S

When is the right time to switch to synthetic oil???

This sounds like good information. Does anybody know if Ford adds anything into the oil? Also, another person told me to do the first oil change at 1,500 because there will be "shavings" that get into the oil while the motor is breaking in. Can anybody confirm or deny this?
  6. S

Great replies, keep them coming. I'm thinking of switching at 2,500 miles. I've always changed the oil on new cars at 2,500 anyways.
  7. S

Good price on extended warranty

Guys: I am relatively new to this board but this might help some of you out. When I bought my Explorer, the dealer wanted $1,750 to extend the warranty to 6 years/60,000 miles. This was for the premium warranty. I found a Ford dealer out of St. Louis that will sell the same warranty for...
  8. S

Hi guys. I just got my wife's Explorer this week and plan on switching to synthetic oil. I have heard it's best to wait until about 15k miles before switching over to synthetic in order to allow everything in the motor to "seat" correctly. Is this true or false or is there anything else I...
  9. S

Extended Warranty Question

Can someone please give me an idea of what it should cost for an extended premium warranty on a new Explorer. Thank you. For those that were asked and were interested, I'm getting the 2003 XLT with leather, moonroof, and 3rd row for mid 25k.
  10. S

Newbie with question

Heath, sorry, I didn't answer your question. An '03 XLT with a 3rd row will go for 27ish. I personally spoke to a dealer who sold an XLS last week for 21 and a half thousand. Ford is giving 72 months 0% interest on the '03.
  11. S

Newbie with question

Thanks for the replies. GaSouthern1: Tha '96 Impala was an awesome machine that with a few hundred dollars in mods jumped over 300 horses. I had her for a year and a half and sold her to start saving for a house. You could mash the gas and just sit there watching her burn tires. An...
  12. S

Newbie with question

Sorry about that, the SLT is the Durango which I was also looking at. The question should have been can the third row be installed on an XLS? The reason I ask is because the '03 XLS is a steal today, but it doesn't have the third row. I have heard from some people that it is not possible...
  13. S

Newbie with question

Hi guys, I'm new to the board and it looks like this board is full of god information. I'll be buying an '03 XLT for my wife in the next week or so and I have a few questions. 1. When buying a new Explorer, is there anything specific to look for or mention to the dealer before the...
Back