Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

front and rear 4.56 gears

i have a set of G2 ring and pinion setups for the 8.8 rear and the dana 35 IFS front. the ratio is 4.56 and have never seen usage. I'm asking 300 OBO. some pics rear 8.8" front dana 35
  2. 0

gears or hunt for a dana

well i had access to dana 44's front and rear from a 76 waggy. well that deal fell through so I'm back on the hunt for now a dana 30 ease of 5X4.5 bolt pattern and comparable width and easier to find. i also have gears for the factory 35 and 8.8 in 4.56. so my issue is if i re-gear, body...
  3. 0

Someone stop me!!!

I found this great deal. http://rapidcity.craigslist.org/ctd/4130112201.html Trac or Third Gen v8? I only have 81000 rolling on TT and add-a-leaf and 265/75R16. No issues with mine. I owe $11,260 The 3gen has the crossbars broken and removed, tires below 50%,and the typical rear ford...
  4. 0

shock opinions

im looking at changing out my shocks not sure if i have stocks or not but i do have deployment money and want to freshen all fluids and do a complete maintenance overhaul. i do mild off roading mainly fire dept. trails through the black hills and mudding back home in illinois. i haul a little...
  5. 0

running boards

i know that the first gens came with a step bar or nerf bars style boards from the factory. im curious if anyone has come across a running board style (more flat) that tucks up nice to the bottom of the side cladding?
  6. 0

body lift?

i know the performance accessories part number for the trac is 70023 which is in and around 250+ in price. now performance accessories also has one for the 01-03 sploder sports model number 883 which is 175+ in price. my question is if the sport in those years and the trac are dang near...
  7. 0

ring and pinion

i know ring and pinion is beaten to death so many time its not funny. problem i have is the front end. i have an 05 4wd LSD meaning two sets of gears. i plan on the set below for the rear, and a set of carbon fiber clutch packs for a rebuild on the trac-loc. ford racing 4.56:1 rear gears for...
  8. 0

deployment money

As most of you know I am a military man. I am in southwest asia making some good money. I am trying to think of what to get for the truck. i currently have 1.75" lift with add-a-leafs and twist, and rolling on 265/75R16. I got no chip no exhaust no intake and no performance mods. i have the 3.73...
  9. 0

intermitten dying

my issue has been random times when i start the truck in the past month i would crank it and it would turn over spark, ignite and run for about 30 seconds then sputter spit and then die. luckly after everytime i was able to peg the gas pedal and get it to turn over run and force it into a high...
  10. 0

south west corner of south dakota

anyone near the black hills that might be interested in some wheeling and a cookout in the hills and surround area?
  11. 0

milage

i knw this has probably been conversed before and as there are so many variables that play into this it is only perspective. but here goes i recently up sized to 265/75R16 i originally had the XLS 235/70R16 tires now according to the speedtrap signs on base if my speedo reads 40MPH the sign...
  12. 0

cv axle???

would a CV axle "half shaft" from an 00 4wd 4.0L sploder work in an 05 trac? i already checked autozone and unfortunitely the part numbers are different. but i need a inexpensive option and the 00 in the yard has new shafts "sticker is still in one piece".
  13. 0

rear window/ radio issue

well i was removing my CB which was hardwired into the radio circuit. pretty sure while i was in that tight space i shorted out the wires to the stereo housing. as a result the stereo is blank but if i press buttons the time shows i cant get the radio to play anything but on top of this issue i...
  14. 0

power mirror conversion, and few questions

i know all this has been addressed before but i have found no definitive answer. for starters i added power mirrors w/puddle lamps for only 50 bucks, so on that note anyone wanting a set of manual mirrors off a 05 sport trac let me know. now for the question the explorers in the yard...
  15. 0

uhaul petition

i am normally roaming the halls of the sport trac forum but wanted to pass this on to you and give you a link to an active petition against uhaul's ban on renting to explorer owners. as most on here know uhaul wont let us haul their trailers as a result of the firestone tire recall on explorers...
  16. 0

U haul petition???

Not sure if everyone noticed as i didn't till just now. but letting everyone know there is the link in the notice section right above the "Sticky" threads. i know there has been plenty of times i needed a trailer and got short handed by this issue. so sign this petition so we can erase what...
  17. 0

off road mishap

the pic below is the buddy here on base that goes off roading with me the pic above we both got stuck in he went rather slow and i went all out 4X4 and bounced side ways in it LMAO. so here goes why i posted here instead of the off road section. when i was in the soup my belt...
  18. 0

new guy South Dakota

well i've been on explorer forum since april, had the truck since last august, and been in south dakota since march of 2011. so that being said im in the military based at ellsworth afb, SD near rapid city, SD. i hope that maybe you all can accept me into this explorer contingent group and we...
  19. 0

add-a-leaf torsion twist

my plan originally was to shackle lift but hearing the horrors of flattened or negative arch leaf packs sent me in a different direction on top of that i have minimum room to work with do to the hitch. so doing my research i came to the realization that an add-a-leaf is my goal. torsion twisting...
  20. 0

over head console

i know another dreaded OHC thread. i have one of the two common issues associated with this mod. the temp is way off. i have gone to the yard and tried three OHC units and four different temp sensors i have tried every combination recalibrated on every setup and not once did the temp get...
  21. 0

SCT X-Cal

I found a SCT X-Cal 2 locally the packaging and the tuner itself say ford programmer but i have no idea what vehicle(s) it is for. i have the serial number and the unit has a CD and some papers with it. what is the low down on these tuners? i used to own a DHP tuner that was a laptop based...
  22. 0

05 crew chief sport trac

Hi names mike I'm the proud owner of a flex fuel 05 pueblo gold sport trac. It's 4X4 XLS split console with the single disc mp3. I have added a rail to rail tool box a cobra cb radio with NOAA weather radio and I added a powered fm modulator a explorer overhead console and custom mounted...
  23. 0

add-a-leaf options?

hi names mike im new here and have owned my sport trac since last august. so far i take it off road quiet a bit considering im in the black hills region of south dakota. i did a custom mounted 2nd gen hitch and that left me with a very minimal 1/4" to 3/8" gap between the hitch and shackle...
Back