Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Thermostat change leads to A/C prob?

A buddy of mine changed my thermostat when I was sick and he is kinda rough on things. I noticed shortly afterwards my A/C wont turn on. Is this coincidence or is there anything around there (loose/broken connector) that he could have damaged? He was pulling on a lot of tubes too to get...
  2. B

Antennas

Have you tried it in other hidden away positions? You may find it works just fine like that and you can just bury it somewhere else.
  3. B

No Start

http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=technical&msg_id=630087 Oh yeah, you can check this thread that I wrote up, eventhough it is not for the X, it may still be relevant.
  4. B

No Start

This sounds to me like you are losing fuel pressure. There should be a check valve either in the pump or externally that will keep the fuel pressure high after you shut the car off. If it goes bad then you those first few seconds of cranking are just repressuring the line. It will only start...
  5. B

How do you know when you need a new battery?

Best simple test I know of, that has been relatively reliable is to check voltage. It should be putting out about 13-14 if good. 12 or so is fair, but could be a problem. Less than 12 and it is likely bad.
  6. B

Anyone can steal your X

I saw people mention starter kills, but those are easily bypassed. On my Z car I have a fuel pump kill that is more effective. I am sure there is a way to tap into that on the X. If you are going to have a kill switch, may as well do it there or something other than the obvious starter.
  7. B

Tranny Slippin??

See, I dont know about this...I have had cars and know many people who dont change their tranny fluid often, if ever. No problems with theirs.
  8. B

Squeak from Cargo Door

I tossed my g/f in the back while driving around and she decided the squeak was coming from the cargo door (the bottom of it). We then opened the door and the squeak stopped. Problem is I have no idea how to solve the squeak. Are the latches loose or something? Do I need to treat the rubber...
  9. B

'00 Very noisy at idle

If you switch to a synthetic in a high milage engine you may be setting yourself up for oil leaks.
  10. B

When you're stronger than the wrench.

At least I admit it is lame. I have a set of Stanleys and Craftsman that I use regularly and to be honest I do not see a need to use my Snap on tools really. I do have their torque wrench that I use once in a blue moon. I also have their leak down tester that I never use either....I think its...
  11. B

Lucas Oil Stabilizer...

I think if you have a problem and it needs to be replaced anyway then its worth a shot. But otherwise, I personally do not think additives are a good idea. They are a last resort. Its about risk and reward. If you already have a problem the risk is low and the reward can be high, but if...
  12. B

When you're stronger than the wrench.

Hmmm, if you really want some Snap-On tools, I have a full set of 1/4 and 3/8 (metric and english) that I havent used. I got them as a Xmas present but never had the guts to use those pretty tools. How lame huh?
  13. B

Upgrade Cup Holders?

Well, my other car is a 300ZX and I dont have or need a cup holder in that because its for fun. The X is a daily driver and should come with decent cup holders because I like to carry drinks sometimes. They are already there anyway, they just dont work well. I am sure there is a way to put an...
  14. B

Upgrade Cup Holders?

I am dissapointed with the cup holders. They are not very deep and dont have a good size/taper so they dont really hold drinks well from what I have seen. Is there a way to put an aftermarket insert in there or something to make them more usable?
  15. B

Spots from Bird Dung

Well, I used 3M hand glaze by hand. I really dont think it is going to just come out though, especially the little microcracks. They are white, like its the primer showing beneath the cracks.
  16. B

Spots from Bird Dung

I have a few spots I think are from bird with an acidic digestive system. The truck is black so it really stands out. Looks like there is a light discoloration and if you get close there appear to be microcracks on it too. I tried polilsh and that didnt help. I MAY hit it will rubbing...
  17. B

Whats this Sensor?

Well I already have an overhead console (if that is one in the picture). Look at my picture again, it already has the sensor on it. Maybe I am just confused though.
  18. B

Whats this Sensor?

Wait, so the thing just hangs there and doesnt attach to anything?
  19. B

Whats this Sensor?

Any idea why it is threaded though? Wouldnt this imply it should be screwed into something?
  20. B

Whats this Sensor?

Right by the radiator on the driver side there appears to be a sensor just haning out in space. It has a little protrusion and threads at one end and a connector on the other.
  21. B

What size hose for aux tranny cooler?

A 9/24 or 12/32 works good too right? Haha...quit messin around.
  22. B

Thanks guys, right on...I put fuel injection hose in there so I assume its as good as tranny hose? My Z car had specific hoses from the dealer for it and thats why I was a little nervous about non tranny hose.
  23. B

There are two rubber hoses on the auxilary tranny cooler (in front of the radiator) that need to be replaced. Is fuel line OK for this and what size ID is needed? I called Ford but they had no idea.
  24. B

Low fuel pressure, pump or regulator

So the filter was completely clogged and he just replaced the pump? Is there some junk in the tank that is causing this problem? Can you remove the pump and check it out? Maybe want to check this and check your new pump's filter as well.
  25. B

Won't Start - 10/12/03 - Electrical?

Yeah, sorry I didnt see this earlier, but it seemed like a bad battery from the start. If you have a bad battery, it is very possible it cant be jumped. Batteries are like that too, if they get bumped or moved they can short out a cell or something. I had no battery problems with my other...
Back