Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Tapping battery and running power into vehicle

I am wishing to add at least one, if not two, two-way radios in my 2013 Explorer LTD (4WD). This vehicle is no longer a commute vehicle but I plan on using it for Search and Rescue, where I'm a communications guy. I am trying to figure out WHERE to best route the power cable, where to obtain the...
  2. R

Homelink or Car2U for 2013 Ford Explorer models

From what I've read about the issue with Car2U is with Sears, Chamberlain and LiftMaster; not necessarily ALL units by these brands. There have been reports that many gates are not compatible.
  3. R

Just curious as to the age of the Chamberlain garage door opener... I have their "latest and greatest" opener and I can't get the Car2U to link with it. I have ordered the Car2U conversion module and the dealer said they'd fill my fuel tank when I bring the car in for servicing the first time to...
  4. R

Unfortunately, our 2013 Explorer Limited with the 302A package came with the Car2U instead of HomeLink. My 2005 Nissan Altima has HomeLink and I've had no issues with it controlling our Chamberlain Whisper Drive® 3/4 HPS garage door openers. I tried linking my garage door opener with the...
  5. R

A few issues

Last Sunday, my wife and I purchased a 2013 Explorer Limited with the 302A package. Overall, we LOVE it. There are a few things that have been of a slight issue. Hours after purchase, I took it on a trip of about 130 miles each way. During this time, I had a chance to play with many features. I...
  6. R

2013 Blinker / turn signal...am I the only one??

I've not had the issue of accidentally flashing the high beams, BUT I have had issues trying to have turn signals blink for more than 3 times... easy to get the 3-blink, but I get resistance trying to turn turn signal on fully.
  7. R

Just Bought An Explorer

I too have just purchased a new Explorer... a 2013 4WD Explorer Limited (with 302A package). It has so many bells & whistles. I love many of the features... Too many to count.
Back