Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Electric fan upgrade 2005 ST

I need to replace the water pump on my 255,000 mile Sport Trac. The fan clutch and fan should probably be replaced also. The fan is showing it's age. Looking on RockAuto, they have an electric fan listed from what I can tell as a direct replacement. Has anyone purchased this item and...
  2. N

V6 mustang throttle body spacer

yes it will fit, the throttle bodies are the same.
  3. N

Overdrive light blinking

We had a 1995 Explorer that did the same thing for a day or so, then quit. About 18 months later I was putting a new transmission in it. I checked the fluid level, didn't smell burnt, wasn't black, truck shifted fine. Then after about 16 months my daughter called from school and said it was...
  4. N

Tailpipe pic request, out the back and out the side

Some stainless is magnetic, probably 316L. The L stands for lead. Somewhat difficult to machine, but not to form quickly.
  5. N

Help Just Killed My 02 Sport Trac

Any 2002 to 2011 4.0 will work in an engine swap. All of them have a balance shaft, and yes the flex fuelies have a larger injector. If you don't use E85, then it won't matter what year the engine was built. I am not putting it in mine!
  6. N

Cold draft coming from E-Brake pedal area, anyone else have this?

I don't have a 0 gauge wire running thru the body near the E-brake, but I do have the draft.
  7. N

Info needed about 4.0 L engine

Is the Sport Trac 4 wheel drive? If it is you may want to check out the balance shaft thread on the forum. If it is not a Mustang 4.0 will work well. The throttle body is different, but you will need to swap the intake anyway. Good luck and keep us informed.
  8. N

Brake upgrade

Check out the brakemotive store on ebay. I have put their rotors on several vehicles and have had absolutely no issues. Just be sure to get the ceramic pads with any rotor you decide on. Drilled and slotted the only way to go.
  9. N

Replace spark Plugs/ Tune Up

Where can we purchase the 4.6 socket? O'Reilly doesn't sell them, haven't been to Autozone yet. Dealer item maybe? Be handy for changing the plugs in the Mustang also. Thanks
  10. N

Replace spark Plugs/ Tune Up

Check with Patriot Performance in Memphis, for wires and a coil pack. I got a screaming demon coil and live wires for the 4.0 Mustang. It gets the goodies first (wife's car), I have already put the Autolite plugs in the car. I will get the same set up for the ST though.
  11. N

Wanted Bed Extender Question

Steve, Thanks for the photos, the part that Tommy is holding in his hand is what I need. Looking through the TSB, it says nothing of just replacing the clip. If no body has one I may have to buy a new support. I will check out other possibilities also. 05dakotatrac THANK YOU for serving...
  12. N

need reciever hitch 2003 explorer sport trac

I have a 2" receiver that I took off a 95 explorer before trading it in a few years ago. I believe it will fit a first gen. sport. Ask on the forum for compatibility, surely someone on here will know for sure. I will sell it fairly cheap to get it out of the storage building. Let me know if...
  13. N

Wanted Bed Extender Question

I bought an 05 Sport the first of July. Has both the factory tonneau and what was left of the bed extender. The pivot post and the end caps were missing, no locking pins either. Found one on Craigslist for 50 bucks, in good shape but it is missing one of the clips that attach it to the posts...
  14. N

Does FORD motor co. HATE the USA???

Can you say EPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. N

Need to remove ps,ac mount on 1998 V-8

My niece drives a 1998 5.0 explorer, that the original water pump has finally died, it only lasted for 220,000 + miles. Two of the nuts rounded off trying to remove them. I cut them off, pump still stuck without a good place to use a little friendly persuasion. I need to get the p/s, a/c mount...
Back