Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ford to outdue Hemi with 6.2 V8

Well, you know, its not always bad to live outside the USA ;) Ford will recognize it...there is FAR too much demand for diesel mini-trucks. Over here, you see 10 diesel mini-trucks for every F250/350 diesel. Besides, almost all SUVs are diesel (except, of course, Chevys, Fords and Dodges).
  2. S

Diesel in an Explorer

Well, you could bolt on a MWM Sprinter 2.8L TDI like I have in my truck a Chevrolet S10/Isuzu Dmax crossover...it puts a lot of power out, much like the Ranger. Its rated at 140 hp@1800RMP/250lb-ft@3600RMP, all of this with an average fuel economy of 32 mpg. $25 for a full tank. Not bad :) tank...
  3. S

Ford to outdue Hemi with 6.2 V8

Diesel all the way...I currently get 25 mpg in the city and around 35 mpg on the highway. That is because I have a 2.8 TDI engine on my new truck :) And best of all, diesel here is only $1.60 /gallon, so I think I get a pretty good value for my money. Power is also good with 140 HP and 250...
  4. S

Open Door Indicator

Ok, nice!, thanks, I'll search the diagrams, but seeing as there is no mention of the feature in the manual, maybe its not available...This S10 is bassed off of the Isuzu Dmax trucks, because its the "new" S10 for South American markets.
  5. S

Open Door Indicator

Excuse me? what is wrong with Panama? besides not having school shootings every other month and having a woman president, I don't see what is wrong with Panama. Hell, I live very well, thank you. Please don't discrimiate...it feels awful. Thanks for you replay though...I'll see if it came...
  6. S

Open Door Indicator

Hi, sorry I'm writing this, but I want to know if there are any Open Door Indicators for a Chevrolete S10 (my brother's). It didn't come standard with the Open Door Indicator (in the dash) and I would like to implement one. Thanks
  7. S

3.93 Gears

Robert, where could I get 4.10 gears? I would like to at least have an idea of how much they could cost. Yeah, I also think I DO need some boost ;)
  8. S

Sneaky pics of my new enclosure

I used grade 400 to sand it. Isn't that enough?
  9. S

Front suspension creaking

I have the noise...but its on ALL the time...when I turn the wheel, when I go over bumps, when I move the car lateraly by hand...The guys at Ford say its the lower and upper ball joints and that I'll have to change the whole upper control arm because they can't replace just the ball joints. Do...
  10. S

Sneaky pics of my new enclosure

Hartman, I wonder, how did you make your center dash console so smooth? I've tried sanding it and then spraying vinyl spray, but it doesn't give me that look (the one you've achieved), the look I want to have.
  11. S

3.93 Gears

To compensate for the loss because of the bigger tires (I feel the car is using up way too much gas) Any thoughts??
  12. S

3.93 Gears

MIne is a 2wd, but aparently I should put 4.10s in...they are better than 3.93 gears...I think...any thoughts???
  13. S

3.93 Gears

Current Gear ratio is 3.55 (Axel code 45) Where could I get the gears?
  14. S

3.93 Gears

I'm using this Tire/Gear calculator: Tire/Gear Calculator Since my X's orignal tires were P225/70R15SL (radius of 27.4) and the new ones are 31's, the page suggests a new Gear Ratio to compensate. What should I do? I'm just following some posts I've seen and the info from that page...
  15. S

3.93 Gears

Does anyone know where I could get 3.93 gears for my 98 explorer? Are they easy enough to install so I could do it myself?
  16. S

Owners of X's with 31x10.50 tires with NO LIFTs

Thanks a lot birdman ;) I'll get those tires in about a month I think, cause I'll be travelling to the USA to buy some computer equipment (too expensive here). So it'll b my oportunity to get the shackles and rims ;) I'll post pics as soon as I have the rims on!
  17. S

OK, I've managed to find some info on rims sizes and tire sizes. This will be the correct rims I would have to use. American Racing AR-23 D/W 15x8 Offset -19 Backspacing 3 3/4 Bolt Pattern 5x4 1/2 Does this seem correct? Will this rims be able to use my current 31x10.50R15LT Hankook...
  18. S

I have 31x10.50R15LT Hankook RF03 on stock 15x7 Rims. I am a total dummy about rims and tire sizes. I want new rims with the same tires I have right now. I am looking into buying Amercian Racing AR-23 Rims. Same size (15x7) or possibly bigger if I can use the same tires I have right now. Could I...
  19. S

Stiffer Ride, lift

Cool...how could I accomplish those? Any info or place where I could lear how to do them?? thanks ;)
  20. S

Stiffer Ride, lift

Hi, I've been wanting to do 2 things to my Explorer (98 XLT, 2WD, 4dr) for a long time. Just never got the time/money to research. What could I do to lift my X say, a 2 - 3 inches?? IF so, would I need gear changes? I don't know much about lifting I'd also like to have a stiffer ride...my X...
  21. S

Reverse Glow Install

I figures that metal piece was grounded and Installed the gauges using it, it works perfectly, Thanks for the help though!! Ric
  22. S

Reverse Glow Install

I finally installed my Reverse Glow Gauge Faces on my Explorer, only thing left is installing the electrical connections. I spliced the white-with-black stripe cable coming from the light switch and added the red cable to those cables. The only thing is, I don't know where to connect the...
  23. S

Making a 4x2 into a 4x4

thanks for the help guys...this is my project for the next 4 months, and I intend on turning my 4x2 into a full 4x4. :D
  24. S

Making a 4x2 into a 4x4

Hi, does anyone know if there is any way to modify a 4x2 98 Explorer to make it 4x4? I would LOVE to make my X a 4x4, any info is welcome :D Thanks Ric
  25. S

Rockford Fosgate decision...

I also think the 9420 is nicer :D Ok, I do want to add external amps, but am I getting a better radio with the 9420? its like $200 more expensive than the 9220 and it doesn't even have internal amp. Thanks, Ric
Back