Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Any opinions of various manufacturers of IAC valve replacements?

I picked one up at LKQ last week, $25 off a 2009 taurus. Works perfect, looks like new. They have locations all over florida, google there Crystal River location and have it shipped to you if they don't have a place in orlando to pick it up (they ship free their locations). They don't go wrong...
  2. A

a little help needed

I hate that! Sometimes your just trying to fix a small problem, or do some maintenance and either you break something else or something else goes wrong because of it. Good job, glad you got it fixed!
  3. A

a little help needed

Only Idles? sounds to me like the throttle body motor is not responding. I don't know about moving it will cause issues but I don't think it was intended to be moved by hand. I don't know enough to say but I would think throttle body motor or sensor is bad or not working properly
  4. A

a little help needed

Does the 04 4.6 have the electronic throttle body? I know the 4.0 does in that year. If so, on the back side there should be a throttle position sensor and on the front there will be the throttle body motor. When you put the rag in, is it possible that you moved the butterfly valve? Did you...
  5. A

Crack Tailgate By Mercury Emblem

You mean everyone has experienced this?? Lol. I have even herd of dealers not selling replacements because they know they will break again and they don't want to deal with the comeback on them. Mine is cracked in two places on my 04 explorer. I would like it fixed as its the only thing minus...
  6. A

please help

With a bad alternator a battery dies pretty quick. Injectors, fuel pump, spark plugs, radio, AC, lights etc. Need power. No power, No running engine.
  7. A

P0113 and P0401

I give up, I have been trolling google looking for answers but I get so many different ideas I don't know where to look. Anyone help with these codes? Thanks Ali
  8. A

04 4.0 overheating intermittantly

Looks like it was the thermostat. Pulled it out in two prices. So far no issues but I have not yet taken the truck out enough to be convinced. Thanks for all the help!
  9. A

Haha, I'm going to double check the fan but last I remember it had the same resistance hot or cold. What confuses me is that it is spinning when the motor is running. Going to tackle it tomorrow, any tips on replacing the fan clutch? possible write up on it? Thanks guys for your help.
  10. A

I didn't check the thermostat yet, I was thinking I would just replace it anyway. Doesn't sound like a thermostat to me (I'm no mechanic) but why would it just start to overheat while sitting still for a good while. When I stop and sit in traffic its ok unless I'm sitting for a few minutes...
  11. A

First off, Hi to everyone! Although I am new to signing up I have used this forum for many of my fixes for my explorer for years and love the information I have received. Also sorry if this has been repeated again and again but I'm on a tight schedule for getting this baby back on the road...
Back