Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Coolant Leak

I had a mechanic do a pressure test on the system yesterday, and he TRIED to make it leak. And couldn't. And, it is still not leaking again. Very, very strange.
  2. T

Coolant Leak

Still Leaking Ok. Here is a tough one. My 93 was leaking real bad, but have never been able to pinpoint where its coming from. Noe its at the point where it will go a month with absolutely no loss of coolant. NONE. Then suddenly, like today its leaking like crazy. And it probably will anytime I...
  3. T

Coolant Leak

Yeah, it was locked up solid. But that didn't fix it. I think its the fan clutch, because I noticed as long as I am moving, it does fine. But when I stop is when it heats up. So when I got home, I opened the hood, and there is hardly any air coming off the fan. And it doesn't seem to be moving...
  4. T

Coolant Leak

I just checked under my hood again, and noticed little pieces of rubber all over the engine compartment. Upon further inspection, I noticed wear on my brand new serpentine belt, and that the Idler pulley wasnt turning. A mechanic told me to replace the pulley, and it should be fine. With the...
  5. T

Coolant Leak

Well, on day 8, it got hot again, after 7 days of absolutely no issues. Now, it's getting hot, but not losing any water. Could it be the water pump going out? Maybe the Fan? Or maybe a faulty thermostat?
  6. T

Coolant Leak

Thermostat Housing and Hose.
  7. T

Coolant Leak

@Comacoz, Thank you. I did this repair last Sunday Morning, and so far, so good. Not one drop of water has leaked out. Changed out the thermostat, (which still looked decent, except for the rubber ring around it looked bad.) The old housing just looked old, couldn't find or see where it may have...
  8. T

Coolant Leak

Now there is absolutely no leak. None. I didn't do anything to the car, the leak just stopped. How is that possible? I mean it was leaking at least a gallon of water every time I drove it. And now, not a drop.
  9. T

Coolant Leak

I am now starting to see coolant leaking down underneath the car. Same are, just had never made it to the ground before. Been going through about a gallon of water when I drive it. I guess I just need to replace all my hoses and start there?
  10. T

Coolant Leak

I have a 1993 Explorer 4X4. 4.0 Pushrod V6. It has been leaking coolant for a few weaks, so I put some leak sealer in it and it stopped for a couple of days. Now its leaking again, I cant see the leak, nothing hitting the ground. But I do notice , after the engine is hot and I turn it off, a...
  11. T

1993 Ford Explorer Engine Light

Forget my previous post. I did the seafoam test, found no vacuum leaks. It is back to worse than my original post. Please help.
  12. T

OK. I think I narrowed it down to a vacuum leak at the front of the engine. But cant find it. Is there away of testing the Vacuum Switch? Ford Part # E42F-9C915-AA. As in what are the ohms that should be going to it?
  13. T

The plugs look fine. How do you check the pressure?
  14. T

Most recent codes After awhile, the engine started running smooth, gas mileage got better (200 miles per tank versus barely 100 per tank before) when I started using a deep clean additive. But the CEL still came on, except it would only come on after three miles of driving. Turn it off and back...
  15. T

rough idle on 93 4.0

fuel pressure regulator Where is this located on a 93 explorer 4.0 pushrod 4X4?
  16. T

I have replaced the MAFS, TPS, fuel pump, cleaned out the tank, fuel filter (twice), and both the fuel pump relay and the EEC relay. My check engine light comes on only on occasion. Like yesterday, after replacing the TPS and letting the car sit all night, it ran like a bat outta hell all...
Back