Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Can you update the SD card?

I have usually just bought the one previous to the newest from ebay. Cheaper than the newest and serve my needs and have never had a problem but have always updated the sync system.
  2. T

3rd Row Dome / Cargo Light Stays On

For whatever reason that did not work like you stated only when I did like I said. I tried all sorts of different ways
  3. T

On my 2012 limited I did not have to start engine, just got in the back and waited for all other lights to go off then push button switch and it went off. when it was on the battery saver would turn it off after about 10 minutes with engine off, otherwise it stayed on all the time.
  4. T

Dual climate control problem

Sounds like a blend door to me. Mine had ac on drivers side and warm air like outside air on passenger side.
  5. T

Rear brakes

I had around 65k on my 2012 and was told the right rear caliper was seized and they replaced it and did brake job both sides of rear under the esp.
  6. T

fluids

I was just wondering what the community thought. Our dealer got the wife for both and said they should be done every 30000. I had never heard of this and it is surely not in the service manual except transmission fluid at 150000
  7. T

fluids

In the opinion of some of the more experienced people on this page, how often should brake fluid and transmission fluid be changed on 2012 limited with 3.5 engine. No towing or hard use. Thanks
  8. T

I had this problem a while back. Seems I read somewhere to get n back seat and have someone start engine and when all other lights go out then push switch on the light and it will go out and only come back n when it is supposed to.
  9. T

Replacing Seat Filters

Just checked amazon. they call for motorcraft fs-104 $24 something. Ebay had same thing for $22 something. They are listed for 2015's and does not have any filter media in them.
  10. T

Replacing Seat Filters

Seems like I saw a post where somebody bought new ones from amazon or ebay and all they were was a screen similar to the cover o my 2012 and would only keep material from entering the fan and not filter the air.
  11. T

Replacing Seat Filters

the ones for mine are more like a pad of some sort of plastic and could probably be washed. They are very east to remove just push seat forward and up the reach under from back floor and twist, I believe counter clockwise to remove. Does not twist much as there are slots, and the cover and...
  12. T

Replacing Seat Filters

I believe the newer models only have a screen and no filter like the older ones. I bought mine for a 2012 limited at Oriellys for about $ 30 each I had about 50,000 miles and then I compared the old to the new one I couldn't tell any difference so I kept the old ones for future use. They are...
  13. T

X Plan pricing

It depends on which state you live in. Ford Motor Co limits doc fees to $100 except in certain states where the state gov has limited what Ford can make the dealer do. In NC Ford has little control over the dealer and cannot limit their doc fees. If you call Ford customer service they might tell...
  14. T

Disappointed in Ford

I had a similar paint problem with a silver 2012 Limited. The dealer had it about 2 weeks and Ford Motor Co said they would repaint the spots. The body shop guy said he would have to paint about 80% of the car. Lie you this was unacceptable to me and just before trying the lemon law the dealer...
  15. T

Sync NAV Upgrade

try ebay they are for sale $60-$80 from online ford dealers.
  16. T

Air Bag Light / Seat Belt Warning

I just got our 2012 Limited back for this issue. There is note on invoice where OASIS was checked and TSB 12-5-11 was found to apply grease to connectors and this did not work. Wires were checked with ohm meter and jumper was installed in a pretensioner circuit. That has solved the problem for...
  17. T

Ford Explorer: Are Your Rear Brakes Dragging... Most Likely Yes!

We took our 2012 limited in for the airbag light on. 66000 miles have premium esp.Informed the airbag has a tsb and would be covered and that right rear caliper was sticking and would also be covered. There was also a tsb for this. They replaced the caliper turned both rear rotors and installed...
  18. T

Replacing Seat Filters

I got mine from o'rielly auto parts. Same motorcraft # about $29 each. However if you hardly ever use them like my wife, just remove and inspect as they are probably fine.
  19. T

Ford news

You had better believe that if they were not contractually obligated there is no way any corporation would raise the wages like that.
  20. T

Ford news

Ford is raising the wages because of agreement with the UAW to only use a specific number of lower wage workers and because of demand they are needing more workers thus it will exceed these contract requirements. To keep in line with the contract Ford has to raise the wage of some of the first...
  21. T

dome light

I tried the switch, does not work. It does go off after the 10 minutes with car off, but it stays on from the time you get in until 10 minutes after you turn off the ignition and exit the vehicle. 2012 limited, 55,000 miles.
  22. T

dome light

After power steering recall update I can't seem to turn offf the third row seat dome light. Any suggestions?
  23. T

Buyer beware 2015 Ford Explorer Limited

It is my opinion that you are correct in that you should demand quality. I had paint issues with my 2012 limited and when ford refused to correct the issue the dealer took it upon himself to replace my ex with a new one. Parkway Ford Winston Salem, NC
  24. T

Is there a way to turn down the volume for the navigation prompts?

I believe it is the setting menu on mft screen
Back