Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Spare tire protection

For you guys that keep your spare in the stock under carrier location do you do anything to protect the exposed tire and also to somehow keep the tire from getting the wear spots from rubbing on the top of tire?
  2. A

Wheel Education

Man a guy gets hammered for mis-typing a bit. Thanks for the input.
  3. A

Wheel Education

Spacers along with new wheels are on the Mounty. It really wasn't bad project at all getting the BTF spacers in. I enjoyed it. Looks great. I am thinking a new UCA may be needed once the ball joints start to wear? Any suggestions? I see BTF has them anyone running them with spacers?
  4. A

Wheel Education

Treadwrights are here! Look great. Waiting on wheels and spacers
  5. A

Rancho Quicklift

I decided to just go with BTF spacers either way
  6. A

Rancho Quicklift

I don't know man. Just going by what he said when he spoke to Rancho. I can't risk buying something that spendy without knowing for sure that it will work.
  7. A

Rancho Quicklift

I am no expert but I think it's something to do with the front suspension being different
  8. A

Rancho Quicklift

My mechanic bro in law spoke with a Rancho rep who said the quick lift could not be used on my 2005 Mercury AWD
  9. A

Wheel Education

Wheels and tires are on they way. Thanks for the help.
  10. A

Rancho Quicklift

Wish they would work on AWD!
  11. A

Wheel Education

Ok-I understand the -6 size offset will make the wheels and tires sit out a bit from the body. Will this be too muh with 265/70's on a stock setup? Planning a 1.5 body lift soon also.
  12. A

Wheel Education

Really just trying to figure out that offset will be the same or at least ok? Any help?
  13. A

Wheel Education

Need some help in looking at purchasing wheels. Can u tell me the difference and why I should pick one or the other of the two sizes below. Looking for wheels for 2005 Mounty. Thanks Size 16X8.5 5-114.3 -6MTB Size 16X8.5 5-114.3 18MTB
  14. A

Retread tires

Do you guys think I should size down due to them running big? 2005 Mounty with 1.5 BL going on the same time as new tires.
  15. A

Retread tires

I was actually looking at the treadwrights. It seems they run a bit bigger than factory?
  16. A

Retread tires

How many guys run retreads? Any downside? Thoughts?
  17. A

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

Thanks-Submitted order for the blocks. Will swing to hardware store tomorrow to see if they have bolts. Thanks
  18. A

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

Hey guys--New to the forum and coming up with great ideas for my newly acquired 05 Mountaineer. Just want to know if this 1.5" BL will work for sure on it or if anyones ever done it on a 05 Mounty. Thanks for any replies and great looking rigs.
Back