Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Caution on installing replacement blower motor

A really bad humming / buzzing noise from the airbox prompted R&R of the blower motor assembly. Looking over the squirrel cage it was obvious the plastic fins had broken loose and obviously ended up rubbing against the inside housing, creating the racket. Installed the new motor assembly and...
  2. M

engine turned off while driving

Same type of problem on 1991 Explorer I'm assuming that the wiring is the same on your year of Explorer as mine - so with that assumption in mind check the wiring under the battery tray. There is a cable bundle routed under this area that collects some amount of acid from the battery...
  3. M

91 XLT Fuel Gauge question

The only other suggestion I have to try - and I can't vouch for any "engineering" reason for the gauge behaving this way - is to see if the needle will reset it's resting position by turning the ignition switch to the ON ( don't have to start the engine) position and let the needle travel to...
  4. M

Fuel Gauge Update I drove enough to empty the tank, refilled it completely to the filler neck. The gauge updated correctly after about 20 minutes of driving. I suspect this has something to do with the anti-slosh, and the different modes this fuel system has for updating itself...the fact...
  5. M

Thanks for the quick reply, and a clear explanation as to how the gauge really works. - some additional details that might round out the discussion. The fuel pump was replaced by the dealer around 85K miles ago. It was really "buzzing" at startup, no real performance issues but really...
  6. M

Hello Again, this forum has been most helpful in bringing my old '91 back to daily driver status - approaching 300K miles with one rebuild on the engine and transmission. Latest maintenance issue was resolved by replacing fan, fan clutch, water pump, and serpentine belt. All went smoothly...
  7. M

Press on or snap/ lock fittings on 91 X fuel pressure regulator

Hi Mark, thanks for the quick reply. I'm in Colorado, and have called a couple of salvage yards with no luck getting the line... Either the line has been damaged when they clipped it to get the engine out, or someone fighting the same problem, has already snagged the fitting off of it...
  8. M

Press on or snap/ lock fittings on 91 X fuel pressure regulator

FPR fittings Hi all, new to this forum - finally getting around to picking off the nits with my old trusty 91 XLT. It suffers from the common ailment of of intermittent leaking FPR, from the push-on fitting connection. I've had the Ford folks fool around with this with no luck. As...
Back