Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Does the size of the bulb allow for the rubber dust cover to fit?
  2. D

LED turn signal how-to (front & rear)

Would please share what type of bulbs you used for the turn signals and where you got them?
  3. D

Interceptor hubcaps on 17" base wheels

rfs2005, How bout some pics? I'd like to see the center caps.
  4. D

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

Thanks for the lesson, however I meant Ford dropped the ball by not making HID standard in all trims. Many people on this forum have put HID lights in their base and sport models. I'm not expecting perfection from doing this mod I also don't expect them to look as though they are being shown...
  5. D

HID Install +Pics - Step by Step

I attempted to DIY the HID kit from coolbulbs. Andrew was great but after 2 failed ballasts he refunded my money. I then tried my local auto accessory shop. I had a Maxx 9005 kit installed which so far has been reliable and they installed it. I also have the warranty on the work and the parts...
  6. D

Black Vinyl decal/Inset on Hood

It's an easy mod. Buy a piece of flat black vinyl from eBay. Use some tracing paper and transfer to the vinyl sheet. Cut it out and apply. It will take you no more than 30 minutes.
  7. D

Exterior modifications with PICTURES!

Can you share how you modified the front turn signal from amber to clear?
  8. D

Newbie looking for pics!

A quick search found this of the forum, hope it helps. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317539&page=4
  9. D

Newbie looking for pics!

Try using the search function. There are plenty of pics spread out through the forum.
  10. D

Black Vinyl sides with pics.

Thanks so much for the additional pics!
  11. D

Could you take some more pics from the side for a full view as well as some corner shots? Great look, I think this is my next mod.
  12. D

Looks great! Finish it off by completing the roof and rear spoiler.
  13. D

The LED bulb does look like a dot and does not use the reflector. However it is bright enough to compensate for that. I also like that the rear lights are clear until they are activated. In my opinion the amber looks awful and I prefer the crisp on/off of the LED.
  14. D

Stick with what Harley used and you'll be happy with the result.
  15. D

HID Conversion Problems-2014 Sport

The ballast blew one of my fuses as well. PIA to change. What were they thinking putting the fuse box so far underneath the dash? Going to get a kit installed from my local shop. At least if there's issues I can drive back instead of mailing bad ballasts back and forth.
  16. D

HID Conversion Problems-2014 Sport

I bought the 9005/6000k HID headlight kit from coolbulbs a week ago. Easy install but one side was out within a day and a half. Andrew was very helpful and asked that I switch ballasts to test if the issue was the ballast or bulb. After that neither ballast worked. I went with coolbulbs based on...
  17. D

Looks great but don't make too many mods. CDN_Explorer will be all over you with negative comments. Apparently all explorers have to conform to his liking. If you post pics you're fair game I've been told. Just a heads up, enjoy!
  18. D

Hood Deflector

Haha well said that is. Autocorrect.
  19. D

Hood Deflector

We'll said Peter...
  20. D

Hood Deflector

Same here , easy fix.
  21. D

Using the Cree LED lights that Harley suggested do not require the use of resistors. I used the LED lights he recommended and they work great with no issues of hyperflash.
  22. D

Hood and rear gate graphics installed - pics>>>

I'm having a hard time seeing the pics. Did they upload blurry?
Back