Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Just broke 103K on my 00 XLT 4.0L
  2. Y

CEL issue

Its a guessing game till you have the code pulled.
  3. Y

Air bag question

Check your inertia switch. Its in the truck. Looks like a little black box.
  4. Y

Turns over, but doesn't start

Check for spark, sounds like you are getting fuel since you hear the pump and can smell it. Best way to test for fuel pressure is to have a fuel pressure gauge. If you are not getting spark, check the basics. Faulty crank sensor can also not give you no spark. If the crank sensor isnt reading...
  5. Y

Need help with brakes/abs please!

Try to pull any ABS codes. If there is a code, it can tell you which sensor is reading wrong. Also, buying a code reader/scanner is always something good to have. You can have it monitor your ABS. While you are driving, have friend monitor the pulses on each wheel sensor. The one that drops is...
  6. Y

search for more mpg numbers

Your best bet is to make sure all maintence is up to date (ie tune-up, fuel filters, air filter). Make you sure your tires are set at the proper pressure, do not over inflat unless you dont mind having uneven wearing tires. Dont feel bad, my Lightning gets 7/8 mpg city driving if Im lucky.
  7. Y

P1131:Did 02 Sensor/Intake Gaskets Upper+lower, and a New MAF, still crap idle +CEL

Great job! Always a great feeling when its all fixed up.
  8. Y

'Clunking' noise from front driver side wheel

Jack up the nose of your truck and also place jack stands underneath. Grab the wheel and try to rock it back and forth. If you feel any movement, see what is loose. If your outter TRE are blown you will see movement there. Inspect the ball joints at the same time. Some TRE are sealed, some have...
  9. Y

lite smoke after engine rebuild

What color is the smoke? Could be some left over residue from the head swap. Blue smoke just means its running rich.
  10. Y

Should I replace 02's?

You can remove them and clean them if you want. No point in replacing them if you arent getting any 02 codes/heater circuit codes. If you do decide to replace them/pull them, put a little anti seize on the threads.
  11. Y

What are my options...

Take that to a shop. You will need at least a headlamp, bumper cover, fender, the door shell is subjective (used door would be ideal), header panel, some rad support damage, but based off your body lines, your nose looks swayed. Won't be able to tell the extent of damage till it gets a tear...
  12. Y

Couple A/C and heater problems

Is the A/C ompressor working properly? Is there a a/c leak? Have them inject some dye into the A/C system and check for leaks.
  13. Y

Need help!

Take it to a body shop. Lower hourly rates then a mechanic shop. At least it is in NJ and the shop I run.
  14. Y

doors

Check your door switches, and make sure the door is also contacting them when closed.
  15. Y

1997 Mercury Mountaneer

Do the basic stuff, check plugs, fuel filter, air filter, check the fluids, pop the tires off inspect the brakes, bearings, TRE, etc. There are also alot of write ups in the specific year explorer forums.
  16. Y

Check engine light

Did the mechanic pull the codes? What are the codes? Its a guessing game till you pull the codes. Post the codes and Im sure people can chime in.
Back