Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Oil Change

Hey Joe, Thanks for the reply buddy I checked right now underneath the SUV and it seems bone dry its so HOTT over here in Canada I was thinking maybe a oil sweat or something Thanks for replying! Means alot
  2. B

Oil Change

Hey Guys, Hows it going hope everyone is trying to stay cool its really hot over here in Canada Anyways I took my SUV in to my mechanic for a oil change this morning he had a little bit of a hard time removing my other oil filter but he managed to get it off with a bit of play he wiped...
  3. B

Rattle In Exhaust Cold Start

Hey guys got it checked out for free from my regular mechanic Was my exhaust tip it wasent bolted right plus it was rusting so we put another chrome plated one on and used self tapping screws it's on very solid! I couldn't find a stainless steel tip it's 2.5 in tried all part stores non have...
  4. B

Wish I knew alot about vehicles how much would you think a mechanic would charge to check it out?
  5. B

Hey Guys This morning when I woke up I could hear a little rattle coming from my exhaust 03 explorer v8 for a few seconds and then went away Any ideas what the heck it could be? I touched the exhaust when it was cold and it isnt loose or anything? I greatly appreciate any feedback...
  6. B

02 explorer v8 A/C problem

Check your vacuum lines on your SUV might be a loose connection pop the hood and check
  7. B

2003 Explorer Fuel Guage

Hey there hows it going? Thank you for the reply faberj Im from Canada so im going to see if they sell Marvel Mystery OIL and give it a shot! P.S. Is LUCAS Fuel Treatment any GOOD? I have some of that?
  8. B

2003 Explorer Fuel Guage

http://postimg.org/image/4z9u674zl/
  9. B

2003 Explorer Fuel Guage

Hey Guys, Hows it going? Filled up my SUV this morning Octane 87 full all the way till pump clicked. Turn the SUV on normally my fuel guage would read FULL once its full right? It shows close to FULL but not on the FULL LINE So in my mind I said let me TAP the guage from the...
  10. B

2003 explorer 4.6 tick

Rocco has a good point try that out
  11. B

02 Explorer A/C question

Amen to that brother! I never mess with ac bro because alot of the times if you over fill or if the high side is way to high the valve you can mess up compressor whole nine yards! Let me know how it goes brother! 1scott usually if its your blend door sometimes you would hear a clicking noise...
  12. B

2003 explorer 4.6 tick

Never experienced that on mine. Have you had the belts checked on your vehicle ?
  13. B

2003 Passenger Window Problem

Had the same issue had to get the wires fixed and she's working again
  14. B

02 Explorer A/C question

You might be low on freon I had that happen to me once was getting warm air at vents and ac was cylicing on and off the compressor. Recharged it and it cured it. When it comes to ac tho I don't mess around I rather have a pro look at it. Best of luck
  15. B

2003 Explorer just blew engine

That totally sucks bro sorry to hear on that one. Find out how much it's going to cost to get a rebuilt motor and also how much to install then compare better sell or keep that's what I would do. Best of luck bro
  16. B

Full Synthetic Oil

Thanks boys for the recommendations
  17. B

Full Synthetic Oil

Hey Boys! Thanks for all the advise I really appreciate it...Man I love this site feels like were all a family helping one another.. @Black Dynomite I agree with you ive been putting Pennzoil Platnium oil but I want to give a try a Mobil1 oil and see how she runs...Ive heard Mobil1 is the best...
  18. B

What is the idle suppose to be v8 warmed up

Thanks bro I will definently have a look @ that I put in a brand new IAC motor last July my vehicle stalled on me while I was at a store it was so embrassing but she started back up when I turned it back on... These vehicles are great I change the oil every 5000KM and always use PENNZOIL...
  19. B

Thanks bro I got this annoying whistle it makes when I accelerate past 2000RPM I cant figure out what the heck it is ive had my buddy mechanic check everything out and he cant find any vaccum leaks we checked the intake gasket and everything along with the pcv valve and everything seems good...
  20. B

My idle when its warm what do you guys think?
  21. B

Full Synthetic Oil

Hey buddy I'm going to buy some Mobil 1 oil pretty soon Going to see if they sell those filters for my explorer
  22. B

Full Synthetic Oil

I'm In Canada not sure if they sell it but ill check !
  23. B

Full Synthetic Oil

Thanks buddy I use the Fram tough guard filters with no issues I'm going to try Mobil 1 and see if there's any difference Thanks
Back