Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3

There is nothing for them to make. They are using OEM Ford parts. I've been wanting to upgrade my 2015, but it's been hard trying to find a Sync 3 APIM. If its not available yet, I assume they are having trouble getting APIM units. What they are selling is plug n play but the only thing I'm...
  2. B

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Ford hasn't said which vehicles will have Sync 3. I couldn't imagine Ford not using Sync 3 on the 2016 Explorer. I did read a quote from an official at Ford who said Sync 3 will be on more then half of the Ford/Lincoln vehicles coming out in 2016. If Sync 3 isn't on the 2016 Explorer, that...
  3. B

Debut of 2016 Explorer

I think you are right. The ambient lighting isn't listed on the main website, but it is when you are looking at the mobile website on a phone. I'm interested in the 2016 sport and saw ambient lighting on the mobile site, but not on the main site. I did a google search and saw ambient lighting on...
  4. B

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Thank you. I just looked and saw it listed. I must be blind.
  5. B

Debut of 2016 Explorer

Did Ford ditch the ambient lighting? From videos and pictures I've seen, it doesn't look like the 2016 Explorer has it anymore.
  6. B

New iphone update iOS 8.0

The bending of the iPhone 6 Plus is just an overblown story. Apple said they have only received 9 complaints about phones bending.
  7. B

New iphone update iOS 8.0

Apple pulled the 8.0.1 update so new phones won't have it. Apple will be releasing 8.0.2 either this afternoon or tomorrow.
  8. B

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Using Apple's Carplay wouldn't require the auto manufacturer to maintain software installs when all the information is coming from the car owners iPhone. On the other hand, the software itself installed in the vehicle to run the display will have to be updated. I think eventually the...
  9. B

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

It would make it easier for the consumer that way, but that's much easier said than done. Although Carplay is like Airplay, it's much more complex than just mirroring your phone to the in vehicle display. Auto manufacturers supporting Carplay actually have to install hardware in the vehicle...
  10. B

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

It will be in vehicles in 2016. QNX has been around a while so they have a pretty good track record. Ford won't readily admit it's dumping MS, but it's happening. At this stage in development for the next gen sync, Ford will be sending out the required specs and what it wants to companies like...
  11. B

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

I imagine it should be available on 2015 models when Ford rolls out the new QNX software by Blackberry.
  12. B

Blackberry QNX to Replace Microsoft

I think the Volvo system looks very promising. It looks really cool using it with Apple's new CarPlay integration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqgrGho4aYM I'm glad Ford is finally ditching Microsoft.
  13. B

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

I have an iPhone 5s with the latest iOS update and everything continues to work fine for me. Good news today for us iPhone users as Apple announced Ford is a partner with supporting Apple's new CarPlay integration.
  14. B

What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!!

As Peter stated, you need to use a photo editing program to do that. Assuming you are using Windows, you can resize a picture in Paint. All windows PC's come with paint. Here are the instructions to do that: To resize a picture using Paint Open Paint On the Home tab, in the Image group...
  15. B

Here's Our New Ride!

Hi Crystal, I really appreciate the offer to help. My Explorer is currently at the dealership. If I have any issues, I will send you a PM. Thanks again.
  16. B

Here's Our New Ride!

I took the Explorer in on Tuesday and no word yet. My fingers are crossed the Ford techs can find something. I will keep you posted. You took a nice road trip too. I'm sure I'll have a ton of pictures. I always go a little overboard with the amount of pictures I take on vacation.
  17. B

Here's Our New Ride!

Vince, I'm having issue 2 and 9 on my Explorer. For the past few months, my daily routine in the morning before I go to work is popping the trim on the seat back in. It pops back off minutes later so I don't know why I even bother. I need to make an appointment with the dealership. As for 9...
  18. B

FORD, PLEASE ... when does the 2013 explorer get applink?

Hopefully it will be added with the MFT update this summer.
  19. B

mft v3.5.1 dst?

I understand your frustrations, but a forum isn't necessarily an indication of a huge failure. If you look at the number of vehicles sold, the complaints on forums is low. You don't see hundreds of thousands of people complaining. Having said that, I'm quite familiar with the history of MFT...
  20. B

Final Hours before i make the decision - Need clarification on a few things

Is your phone not pairing or is it just text messages not working? Do you have the option under your iPHone's bluetooth settings to turn notifications on?
  21. B

That's a bummer it's not working. The only other suggestion I have for both of you is to do a master reset of MFT and repeat the steps to re pair your phones. It really doesn't make sense to me. Ever since I finally got text messages working, my iPhone 5 has not had a single issue with MFT. Do...
  22. B

After I installed the last MFT update, text messages weren't working and I didn't have the option in the bluetooth settings on the iPhone to turn on notifications. After doing some research I found a fix on Apple's website that worked for me. Give this a try. Delete your phone from MFT and...
  23. B

Play movies in front screen

If you aren't using the right cable for the iPod with RCA jacks, it's not going to play videos.
  24. B

Play movies in front screen

The iPod will play videos when you are parked. Videos won't play when you are driving. For videos to play while you are parked, you can't use the cable that came with the iPod. You need the Apple Composite AV Cable or an aftermarket brand. Without those cables, you won't be able to play videos...
Back