Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Need help plzzz...Im a honda mechanic

I have the same truck, just 5 years older. They do not have a distributor. They have ford's EDIS (electronic distributorless ignition system) consisting of the engine computer, Ignition control module, and in the dual-plug 2.3's case, two ignition coils. Get yourself a haynes manual and...
  2. Y

Fuel Pressure 101 - Mini-Diary Fuel Pressure Regulator Test Fuel Pump Test

So I gotta spend 30 bucks on the gauge, huh? I can't just use the standard tire gauge? :D
  3. Y

Ford's new turbo charged Territory breaks cover (FALCON XR6 TURBO POWERTRAIN)

Yeah I was at the chicago auto show last weekend and one of the Ford rep's said that ford might be doing away with the civilian version of the crown vic. They would still be manufactured for police and taxi use though. They need to do something to it though. I don't see how it can compete...
  4. Y

Ford's new turbo charged Territory breaks cover (FALCON XR6 TURBO POWERTRAIN)

Because they have no emissions laws in Australia. All the cars designed over there would never even have a chance of passing emissions here. You can get a ford "falcon" over there (it's a four door sedan about the size of a taurus). It's got a 350 HP 5.4L V-8, 6 speed manual, rear wheel...
  5. Y

1991 x 4x4 Vs. Jeep cj-8

Those jeep guys..... :rolleyes: They like to make so much fun of people wheeling in anything but a jeep, especially fords. The funny thing is that about half of their jeep was built using Ford parts :confused:
  6. Y

Ford AUS goes 6speed

Why the #### can't we have them here???? :confused: :confused: I think the closest thing we can get here is a Volvo S60 with turbo charged 5 cylinder pumping out 311 horses through a six speed and all wheel drive
  7. Y

Ford AUS goes 6speed

I was looking at the Ford Falcon they sell over there. Let's see: 350 HP 5.4L 4Valve V8 with gobbs and gobbs of torque mated to a ZF 6-speed manual transmission in a car the size of a taurus, except much better looking. All for about 30,000 in equivalent US dollars If Ford wanted to fix...
  8. Y

Ford Everest to Come to US

If ford really wanted to sell SUVs they'd make one for the off-road crowd. No I'm sorry, the current explorer, escape, and/or sport trac just don't cut it. Ford is giving their off-road SUV market share to the Nissan Xterra and Jeep Wrangler. I don't understand why...
  9. Y

1991 x 4x4 Vs. Jeep cj-8

His shorter wheelbase might give him the advantage over you. If you had a sport with 3.73, manual tranny, and limited slip you'd definately have him. With all the wheeling I've done, I've found my X, which is a sport with 3.27 gears, manual trans, 31" A/T's, 2" lift will pretty much keep up...
  10. Y

I pulled out 4 jeeps yesterday!

Yeah, 5 buddies and I hit the local mud hole yesterday after church. Here's a list of vehicles and drivers: 1. Me in my 92 2-door explorer with 2" lift, 31 A/T's. 2. Eric in his 96 bone stock 4-door jeep XJ with "neon" tires as he calls them. 3. Joey in his 96 4-door XJ with 3.5" lift...
  11. Y

Max Weight to Tow

Having the five speed makes all the difference in the world. I have some buddies who drive 1st gens and they all have the auto. They are afraid to drive hard, tow, or go off road because the truck feels weak because of that A4LD. I, on the other hand, drive hard, have drag races across corn...
  12. Y

pipeing/ tubeing bender

Sigh..... here we go again. This is the last thing I'm gonna say about pipe vs. tube in this thread: Do some research and you'll find that pipe is made from the exact same materials and by the same process as HREW tubing. NO I didn't say DOM tubing, but that's overkill most of the time...
  13. Y

miss/stumble/chug @ or below ~1400 RPMs on my 92

Sorry guys I haven't been home since last post so I haven't been able to try anything yet...
  14. Y

pipeing/ tubeing bender

Use PVC or ABS plastic pipe and fittings for the snorkle. You can get a $75 hydraulic ram bender from Harbor freight, that comes with 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2", and 2" dies. However, it will only work with sch. 40 steel pipe. All other stuff, even thinwall electrical conduit, will just...
  15. Y

I cleaned the MAF, but I did not reset the comp. The MAF looked pretty clean though. I will try reseting the comp. Also, I will try sea foam through the fuel tank as soon as I get a tank of gas. I have vowed not to buy more than $20 of gas at a time until it gets below $2.40 a gallon. Right...
  16. Y

C'mon I need answers/suggestions/ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!! back to front page
  17. Y

Max Weight to Tow

Or you could look for the axle code on the sticker on the driver's side door jamb. I think the code for 3.27 is 41 but I'm not sure. You'd have to match your code to the codes in the owner's manual to find out for sure...
  18. Y

Max Weight to Tow

Wow, sounds like we have almost the same mod's: home-made intake, home done exhaust and the like. So do you have 3.27s or 3.73? (both were stock) Like I said when I towed that jeep (about 4000 lbs with the trailer), it was terrible trying to get going without burning the clutch. But...
  19. Y

I scanned the comp and got the 111 pass code on both the KOEO and KOER tests. The truck has previously run great with the intake it has now. I kind of destroyed the old air box by drilling it too much :D :thumbdwn: From the searching I've done, others have had fixed similar problems by...
  20. Y

Yeah the title says it all. 1992 5-spd 4x4 sport. 117,000 miles Runs excellent once I get past 1400. It has a homemade high-flow intake (completely leak proof) and flow master exhaust with high flow cat connected to the y-pipe by a reducer made by me (also leak proof). It's got a somewhat...
  21. Y

miss/stumble @ or below 1400 RPM

C'mon somebody has to have an idea... No replies here so I am going to post this in the "Under the hood and driveline" troubleshooting forum...
  22. Y

Max Weight to Tow

Haha that's great Kook! What gears do you have? With my 3.27s getting even 4000 lbs of trailer going is real interesting. I'm wanting to swap 3.73 or 4.10 as soon as I get the cash.... I towed a 2-door J**p XJ behind my X once. It would cruise just fine in the right gear, it was just...
  23. Y

miss/stumble @ or below 1400 RPM

Yeah the title says it all. 1992 5-spd 4x4 sport. 117,000 miles Runs excellent once I get past 1400. It has a homemade high-flow intake (completely leak proof) and flow master exhaust with high flow cat connected to the y-pipe by a reducer made by me (also leak proof). It's got a somewhat...
  24. Y

Max Weight to Tow

Ford says that because getting the clutch out with 5000 lbs of trailer and 3.27 or 3.55 gears and stock tires(which is what the majority of 5spds came with) is near impossible (I tried once with a 6000 lb trailer, a dakota on a twin axle car hauler). If you had 4.10s it would be much easier and...
  25. Y

Acetone in gas for better MPG?

Yeah, dodges just suck gas like pigs no matter what you do to them. Between myself, brother and buddy, we've had 4 dakotas and not one of them got better 16 MPG (one of them being a 4 banger) and they averaged about 12. Dodges trucks just suck gas, that's a given :D :D :D :D
Back