Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

07 ST mods with Mountaineer Parts

I only needed the steering wheel from the Mountaineer, nothing else. The Mountaineer had all the same steering wheel controls as my ST. All steering wheel controls (including HVAC) were plug and play and work perfectly.
  2. 1

2010 Sporttrac larger tires

255-70-18 on mine. I use these ones in the winter. I only get a very slight rub somewhere on the front inner plastic fender at full lock. Basically not an issue at all. The truck looks like it should have had these from factory.
  3. 1

Project plans

I still have my 03 Limited, but my son drives it now. In the last year or so I noticed flaking paint on the hatch. I sanded it down, substantially. Sprayed it with some custom mixed 2 stage paint. It’s still a bit of a work in progress, but much better. Put the 20s back on it for the summer.
  4. 1

SportTrac Rust Issues

The 3rd brake light seal can also be an issue with both vehicles, especially in regard to the cab corners.
  5. 1

SportTrac Rust Issues

You’ve definitely got substantial rust, but that estimate is crazy. You should certainly get some other estimates. Another member documented his work on a first Gen ST, with similar rust issues. Rocker Panel Rust Repair
  6. 1

Tire and wheel combo

255-55-20 here.
  7. 1

Largest possible tire size?

255-70-18 if you stay with 18s. 255-55-20 if you can find Adrenalin 20s. You may experience a very slight rub on the plastic inner fender at full steering lock, like when you’re backing out of your driveway. But no drivability issues.
  8. 1

My 2004 Explorer

This is the Dupli Color charcoal with clear coat. I just did these ones.
  9. 1

My 2004 Explorer

I'd add Adrenalin and 20s or 20" to your search. As you know, they were also available on some late 4th gen Explorers, but weren't very common. I don't see them for sale often. Abut the only ones you see for sale will need refinishing. Just for reference, my silver set is Dupli Color...
  10. 1

My 2004 Explorer

I bought them used with tires that had about a year of use left on them. I paid around $450 CDN for them. Most sets (at least in northern climates) have an issue with corrosion and clear coat lifting. This set had already been sanded down and repainted. When I put replacement tires on, I...
  11. 1

My 2004 Explorer

Sounds great and looks like fun!
  12. 1

My 2004 Explorer

The 20” Sport Trac wheels work really well on 3rd gens. No spacers required. I’m running 255-55-20 tires on them.
  13. 1

LED Lighting.................

I recognize the brand name. I put LED headlights in my Sport Trac and my Mustang. One of them has the Lasfits and they work fine.
  14. 1

Grille Change and Blackout Treatment along with other mods.

Head unit looks great! I’ve got a Pioneer. Adrenalin rims fit perfectly. I use them in the summer with 255-55-20 tires.
  15. 1

Grille Change and Blackout Treatment along with other mods.

Thank you. The chrome window trim is from an 03-05 Lincoln Aviator. I also added Aviator mirrors. The trim is much more solid than the ST trim. I pulled them off a junkyard Aviator. Extremely easy to pry off, using a wide blade paint scraper. Front doors swap on with no mods. For the rear...
  16. 1

Tires

255-70-18 on my 07 Explorer Sport Trac.
  17. 1

New Member - Looking for Fender Flares

Ah yes, Brewers Retail. The just go by The Beer Store now. Interesting idea about the 3D printer. Although Ford now designs body in CATIA, the 3rd/4th Gen Explorers were obviously designed before Ford was using CATIA. I believe they were designed in C3P I-DEAS. Yes, definitely a ton of CAD...
  18. 1

Yes, but definitely not Iron Man flares. I clearly remember the post in this forum, but can’t find it. It was several years ago. BTW, I’m just across the river from you, in Windsor.
  19. 1

There was a write up somewhere here on the site years ago. The owner made those fender flares. I believe he created molds and layered fiberglass- something like that. They definitely aren’t aftermarket.
  20. 1

Brush guard

That’s too bad. Maybe you’ll find another one.
  21. 1

Brush guard

I hate it when people selling stuff jerk you around.
  22. 1

Brush guard

I also have the dog bone brackets inside the frame to thread the mounting bolts into. On the Explorer, the bumper (the inner metal section) can be loosened and tilted to slip the brackets into the frame. Not sure how you would do this on the ST. No problem. You can probably figure out a way...
  23. 1

Brush guard

I also have the dog bone brackets inside the frame to thread the mounting bolts into. On the Explorer, the bumper (the inner metal section) can be loosened and tilted to slip the brackets into the frame. Not sure how you would do this on the ST.
  24. 1

Brush guard

This is it on the Explorer. Note where the brackets come through the bumper in the tow hook openings- these don’t exist on the ST. You’d definitely want to make sure you get the mounting brackets, but there are certainly differences in the bumpers and the frame extensions that you would need...
Back