Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Eco Boost vs V6 for towing

To answer your question and sorry to be blunt: Pulling a 28' trailer with a dry weight of 5100lbs - thus towing at least 6000lbs in a vehicle rated for 5000lbs; the ecoboost will still suck. If you are asking I assume you're looking into it as an option in trading up. My recommendation...
  2. L

Car seats question

May not work for you now but I have two 5yos and a 2 yo. Once the second one is in a booster this will work: Even though the middle seat doesn't have its own latches, we put the car seat in the middle and use the latches for the side seats. They are spaced the same distance apart so we just...
  3. L

2013 Explorer Sport Towing capabilities

No problems on stopping. I pulled my 20' boat with my 13 with tow package this summer no issues. Dealer let me hook the boat up for the test drive but I think he was a little surprised slammed the pedal at 60 mph. I came from a Suburban so I felt it back there, but not once did I have a...
  4. L

For the love of GOD, how do you disable the seat belt chime?

I know this is an old thread but thanks for the tip. I do wear my seatbelt but think I have a good reason for the alarm to be shut off. The wife and I were scouting campsites this past weekend for next summer. I would drive no more than 5mph and stop frequently to get out and check for...
  5. L

Hello from Indy

Hi everyone! I recently purchase a 2013 Explorer base with 4wd and tow package in blue. I downsized from a Suburban for a better daily driver for my wife and the fact that for the price of this vehicle new I couldn't find a 'burb or expedition for with under 50K miles already on it. I...
  6. L

My Radio Kept Playing After I left My Vehicle .... Odd...

I have had this happen as well. I think it happens when you open the door prior to turning off the car. Mine turns off when I use the remote lock.
Back