Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

MFT trouble dialing using iOS 13

I had the same problem and found that updating my MFT software to 3.10 fixed it.
  2. B

U.S. Expands Probe Into Ford Explorers Over Carbon Monoxide Concerns

I just watched a piece on Fox 25 Boston about the Auburn incident and it sounds like some of the vehicles they tested that had high CO were not Police Interceptors. Interesting.....
  3. B

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Mine was repainted twice and it came back both times. The third time the dealer ate the cost of replacing the hood because they felt that was the only long term fix. While I'm very impressed that the dealership did this, I'm disappointed in Ford not covering the cost. Ford only paid for one repaint.
  4. B

Brake Pad Slide Clip - Lubrication

I'm planning to replace the pads and rotors this weekend and noticed that none of the Ford documentation (service manual or instruction sheet that comes with the Ford pads) talks about putting grease on the stainless slide/abutment clips that hold the ends of the pads. I've found mixed...
  5. B

Workshop Service Manual - Explorer 2016

Helms Publications I believe that Helms is still the official source for factory Ford service manuals. Check out www.helminc.com It looks like manuals for newer models are only available on DVD. I tried AllDataDIY.com and wasn't particularly impressed with the information. I found it...
  6. B

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Bubbling again at 60k I had bubbles in my hood a couple of years ago that was repaired under warranty. I now have bubbles again at 60K miles. I visited my dealer last week ready to go to battle. They looked at it and called me back 45 minutes later with a date to bring it in for repair. From...
  7. B

Brake caliper seized

Seized Caliper I'm located in USA, Central Massachusetts.
  8. B

Brake caliper seized

Rear caliper replaced The right rear caliper in my XLT seized a couple months ago with 30000 miles on the car. The caliper was replaced under warranty including new rear pads, new rotor, and machining of the left rear caliper. Not sure why there is so much inconsistency between dealers on...
  9. B

Dashboard creak

Similar Creak I also have a squeak on the driver's side of the dash. I had the dealership try to fix it once but they failed... I did pull the A pillar trim and the heating vent trim by the windshield and neither helped.
  10. B

Bottom Door Edge Issue??

Claim Denied by Ford Three of my doors have this issue. I took it to my dealer who took pictures and sent them to Ford. They claim it is due to dirt/debris and will not repair it. Seems like a real sweet design feature to me...... At least they are going to fix the paint bubbles under the...
  11. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Each to their own.... I'd rather buy from the dealer I use and trust. I don't fault them for starting at MSRP on this stuff...... showed them the other pricing I found and they matched it without question. If there are problems I know they will take care of it.
  12. B

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

Everything is negotiable My dealer matched the best quote I had gotten online. I would rather they make the buck and they would rather make a little something as opposed to nothing.
  13. B

Loud Snap Noise Inside 2005EB

Greetings, My wife is having a very annoying issue with her 2005 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Occasionally, maybe once a day or once every few days, she'll hear a really loud snap sound when driving. It happened earlier this winter and I figured it might be an expansion/contraction issue but the...
  14. B

3 Weeks Post Build No EXP!

Tracking Info My dealer printed out a really slick report for me that showed where my car was and all the railstops along the way. I'm a bit of a rail fan so it was neat to see the route my car was taking. Push your dealer harder, they can get more info.
  15. B

Transmission Misbehavin'

Update It has not happened again since the PCM update was made. Of course, it took 3 1/2 months to happen the one time....... it'll be a long time before I can declare it fixed. -Brent
  16. B

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Traffic & Travel Link I've started to get the notices about my trial subscription expiring. I thought that traffic was part of Travel Link but it looks like there is a separate Sirius Traffic..... it all adds up fast. Has anyone managed any good package deals on music & traffic? Not sure I care...
  17. B

Couple of Questions

APIM Module is 5 years, unlimited mileage I just received a letter in the mail today stating that the warranty on the Accessory Protocol Interface Module(APIM) has been extended to 5 years regardless of mileage as part of Customer Satisfaction Program 12M02. I believe this was talked about a...
  18. B

Climate Settings With Remote Start

Same issue with XLT..... I noticed the same thing on my XLT after I added the remote start. For some reason they don't support turning the seats on with the XLT.......
  19. B

Replacing bench with 2nd row bucket seats

Rear Seats/BLIS I believe the issue he is referring to is the inflatable rear seat belts that come as part of the package with the BLIS system.
  20. B

Ford Remote Start Accessory

2 Keys Marc, That is correct. The kit came with 2 keys. I believe the online description is wrong. -Brent
  21. B

Hood Switch I did not need to get a hood switch as my XLT already had one. You should be able to easily check yours to confirm you also have one. -Brent
  22. B

Bb5z-19g364-a Marc, The only item needed is Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A that I mentioned previously. The remote start functionality is already built into your Explorer..... you just need to enable it and have a keyfob with the remote start function (which is what BB5Z-19G364-A contains). Keep...
  23. B

Bb5z-19g364-a Marc, I just added remote start to my 2013 XLT(without power liftgate) using Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A. That part # basically gets you 2 new keys that have a remote start button where your current keys have the unused spot, identical to the ones shown in the pictures by 182RG...
  24. B

Transmission Misbehavin'

PCM Updated As expected, no trouble codes were found. They did update the PCM per TSB12-10-10. Since it's only ever happened once in 4K miles, I may never know if it's fixed. -Brent
  25. B

New mft update

Upgrade My car is going in Monday for some minor warranty work. I called today to ask if they could get the new nav. SD card in advance and was told they already have them and will take care of it Monday. It is amazing to me the customer service experience from dealer to dealer.....
Back