Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Thermostat Housing Leak?

I have an 04 explorer 4.0 L flex fuel. I just replaced my housing, o-ring, gasket, coolant temp sensor and thermostat for less than $80.00. it took me about 20 minutes to take the old one out and put the new one in. Let me know if you need help, I got most of my parts from Advance Auto...
  2. M

Overheated, Thermostat Housing

Update I have researched the crap out of this and asked numerous people trying to figure out if the head is cracked or I just blew a head gasket. The 90% of consensou is I blew a head gasket. I have decided to take the head out to replace and inspect the gaskets. I have gotten all the way...
  3. M

it cranks but won't fire.
  4. M

LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector

Update, I just went to local Ford Dealership and they let me look through the repair book and even made a copy for me. If anyone needs it let me know. Also I bought the replacement part at AutoZone, they sold me the wrong motor and it took three different motors before the right one worked...
  5. M

Ok, I have a '04 Explorer 4.0 liter SOHC flex fuel 4x4 that unfortunately overheated couple nights ago. The temperature gauge shot up high then went below cold, A/C stopped working an by the time i pulled over my engine shut down. Then there was the smoke/steam from under the hood. I...
  6. M

LH temperature blend door actuator electrical connector

Hello everyone, I have a 2004 Ford Explorer 4x4 V6 with manual A/C and climate control. My blend door motor which was recently replaced was not moving when I turn the temperature knob from hot to cold. Long story short I messed with the blend door actuator connector pins and moved them around...
Back