Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Cannot believe this!!!!!

rellyrooly, I hope all of this turns out well for you. The Ex is an awesome vehicle. We are in Florida and had a crummy dealer experience as well. Our only consolation is that our tires will NEVER grace their pavement for service, body work, etc and that we will never spend another dime there...
  2. L

Reliability survey:Your 2011-13 Ford Explorer Mileage

Year: 2013 (Ordered April '13, Build May '13, Arrived Dealer Aug '13) Trim: XLT with moonroof, roof rack and rails, tow package FWD vs 4WD: 4WD Current mileage: Just under 19K; Avg 19-20 mpg but I may drive it like I stole it :) Any problem or issue: Moon roof rattle - Required 2...
  3. L

I can see why Ford discontinued this color...

Phew!! So they dc'd the Green Gem, eh?? We special ordered from the factory and waited and waited for EXACTLY that color...obviously we didn't really want it. And yeah, it looks just awful in the woods...
  4. L

4WD Display

Can't see the hill as clearly here, but can definitely see a change with the 4x4 on in the display out in the forest. Pretty cool! Much as I love the Ex, I have to admit, the 4Runner Trail eats the dirt up and then begs for more! These two make a great pair!
  5. L

Got locked out of my EX this week....

Any updates MizzouMan_2000? Sorry you've had so many problems with this and I really hope they are able to get it fixed for you. - Toddy
  6. L

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Agree with @redngreedy, be persistent!! It can be fixed and that moonroof is such a nice feature. Totally worth the trouble to get it rattle-free! Good luck-Toddy
  7. L

Got locked out of my EX this week....

We experienced more failures than successes with our keypad and were able to get it replaced under warranty. Took a couple of trips to the dealer but we did get it done. Have not had problems since. 2013 XLT built May 29, 2012. I think some of the keypads must be faulty. Ours worked very...
  8. L

POSITIVE 2011-2013 Ford Explorer Experiences

@gdecamp, great pictures!! I have some paddling buddies who take wildlife pictures like that. Whereabouts in Florida were you, if you don't mind my asking? I love that on our morning jog we can see otter, gators, blue herron, anhinga, egret,rabbits, raccoon, etc. We've had bear in the front...
  9. L

Explorer, meet 4Runner...

Randy, it's not a huge crossing, but it sure was a fun puddle!!
  10. L

What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!!

Airdog07, cool wallpapers! Some of those are great and so crisp! But what's with that soul-sucking logo in the last two? Lol
  11. L

Off Road Experience With 5th Gen Explorer !

We don't have videos but I have some pics I'll have to dig up. We have taken the Green Bean off road a few times now. Generally local NFS roads around here. Loose gravel, dirt, sand and pits. Haven't played in any real wet stuff yet. Honestly, the new 4Runner Trail will probably do that. Still...
  12. L

Pingbling23, the new 4Runner Trail is amazing!! We also wanted a 3rd row and frankly, the one in the Ex is quite a bit more comfortable and more easily accessible than the 4Runner and the Pilot. Recently went out with my husband, his brother and my sister in law, their 2 children (one still in...
  13. L

So when my fella and I were shopping for the Ex we were really torn between the Ex and the 4Runner Trail. For several reasons, we opted for the Ex XLT 4x4. Vents all the way to the back, more pleasant ride, rear climate control, MFT (yes, we're one of the four families who actually like it!)...
  14. L

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Sorry to have been off the boards so long. Yes, we took Green Bean back to the dealer a second time and were able to have the repairs satisfactorily completed. No more rattle!! Much more pleasant now. Plumbago, I'm sorry you've had so many problems with your XLT. We love ours. Definitely...
  15. L

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Nope, not fixed at all...Darnit...Taking the Green Bean back in next week. Oh well. Will keep at it till they fix it. Glad to see others don't seem to be complaining about this that much so it sounds like this might be a very limited issue.
  16. L

Ordered!!!!

Congrats BlueRaptor! You will enjoy it! Hopefully your wait won't be too long. We ordered last May and took delivery in August... I think it was 14 weeks total...however, we ordered 4x4 and a package that, though it worked for us, is apparently fairly odd ball. The fully loaded versions like...
  17. L

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Thought I'd post an update. Just got our truck in for service and they said it had to do with some magnets up by the track. To be honest, I still hear the rattle but I think it is less frequent. My husband thinks it is unchanged. Going on an overnighter tomorrow and will give it a good highway...
  18. L

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but we have a '13 with this rattle. I'm not overly excited about this screwdriver fix either. We are on the second half of a 2000mile trip and that rattle has gotten really old. Honestly didn't notice it much til recently; it had only been occasional. Now it is...
  19. L

What documentation did you receive when you ordered your Ex?

Kazoo Driver, Our experience was much like yours. We got zip, zilch, nada from our dealer. Actually had to get the alter number and order number from Ford CS and ALL other info from them and from Cory. Go Cory!! We felt much the same way, that buying off the lot would have saved a lot of...
  20. L

2013 Explorer XLT or Limited

Kaelin, congrats on your decision to order exactly what you want. Your build sounds very nice! I will say, the dual panel moon roof is amazing and so much fun, day or night. A splurge I am grateful we made. I have to admit, we did feel like we needed one of those old leather bite sticks at...
  21. L

2013 xlt

Congrats Jutecht! We have been loving ours as well. Seems like the boards are less populated lately...haven't even heard from the Great and Powerful Cory! Check out our other thread...I posted pics....then its your turn to post some of your gorgeous new ride! Happy driving!- Toddy
  22. L

"Disparate photos" ?

Nice! This one is my favorite: Here's what we were doing in the Ocala National Forest yesterday:
  23. L

Incentive Protection Program/Private Cash

Yes, Brent, we had a similar fight but were able to get everything covered. I have the 2013 incentive protection pdf from ford if you need it. PM me your email and I will send it to you. Good luck!!! Toddy
  24. L

Excited about our Ex, less so the dealer...

Quick update: Picked her up on Saturday. Waiting to hear back from the dealer on the roof racks and a small piece of trim that were MIA, but that is easily reconciled. Green Bean/Quantum Gemerald is amazing! Really enjoying MFT and I've been playing with Sync Services. We had it on the Mustang...
Back