Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

More pics if anyone's watching. All loaded up after another successful trip in the back country.
  2. S

Tom's '97 XLT registry

Check out these tie rod ends, they are fully rebuildable and can be tightened as they wear. They make the nicest rod ends out there. These ones have straight pins. http://www.emfrodends.com/category-s/1963.htm Your truck is looking really good too.
  3. S

Post pictures of your truck with auxiliary lights

The green isn't as harsh as the white, especially on snow. Green is good for your night vision and much easier for your eyes to see than white or blue light and hi-vis signs and such show up better, plus it looks good on the truck lol. Here are some comparison shots.
  4. S

Thanks! Haha, not any that has stuck around yet. Those are from last winter.
  5. S

Here's some of mine.
  6. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

Here's some more pics from the summer. The light covers doing their job, I love the green too. My girlfriend is getting pretty good on the saw, I love watching other people cut wood (I do most of it so I get to say that lol). My girlfriend's son getting some practice in with his saw. It...
  7. S

Axle Damper/Stabilizre 1999 explorer 4x4

My new one was extremely stiff.
  8. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

The rack it's self is 4.5" tall overall and the top sits 8.5" from the roof mounted.
  9. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

The truck worked great for a week in the back country again. The new springs ride so much better, this truck loves to rally the back roads and tackle a little mud too. The before shot. Finally off the pavement. After a few hours on gravel we were at the trail head. Setting up camp. Yeah I...
  10. S

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

Here's some shots of mine from a back country trip last week. I'll put more in my registry.
  11. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

I finally got around to installing the new leaf springs I've had sitting around since November, it looks so much better now. They should settle in nicely on the week long back country camping trip in S.W. Alberta and S.E. B.C. We leave on tomorrow. I was really surprised how easily most of the...
  12. S

Let's see your cargo baskets.

I have no complaints about the Rola rack I've had for a couple years now, I recently added the extension and 2 extra cross bars.
  13. S

2wd and 4wd Lifts.

Thank you OffTrac! The only way to increase the spring rate of a torsion bar is to get a bigger (diameter) or stiffer bar. The weight off the truck does not change so you are not changing the "effective" spring rate, I guess you could by limiting down travel with a limit strap and preloading...
  14. S

2wd and 4wd Lifts.

Sorry MT but this is true.
  15. S

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

I heard someone wants to see some second gens...
  16. S

Roof Rack/Basket

I've had a Rola rack for a while now and really like it. http://www.rolaproducts.com/products/cargo-management/roof-top-carriers/roof-top-cargo-carrier/uHvTF2JB0IPH7rC9ZFU0Ao2tYHHpKlwx I recently added the extension and 2 new cross bars with 4 more mounts for the rack, it's also a very...
  17. S

Brian1 91 XLT 4x4

I enjoy your articles and seeing your rig in the mag, simple clean and gets the job done!
  18. S

Is Anyone running a system w/o leaf springs in the back?

Just remember Explorer 8.8s are 3.25" diameter apposed to a rangers 2.80".
  19. S

Is Anyone running a system w/o leaf springs in the back?

I recently got a brand new set of rear springs from Standens in Calgary for $155.00 per side and all related hard ware including u-bolts for a few more bucks. The springs and u-bolts are all manufactured in house and they even supply springs for a lot of the big lift kit companies. U-bolts...
  20. S

Does exhaust leak cause check engine light

It can by letting fresh air into the exhaust before the O2 sensor.
  21. S

Mn Mountaineer V8 SAS

That's a nice looking set-up!
  22. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

Thank you!
  23. S

corrosion inhibitors without anti-freeze

Lots of race tracks will not let you run with "anti freeze", there's a few different products out there but I've always used Water Wetter.
  24. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

I believe I have the first Explorer on Rigid Industries Facebook page!!! https://www.facebook.com/RigidIndustries/posts/10152740928567379
  25. S

99, 5.0 Limited.

Here's some more wheeling shots. This is the trail into our "secret" camping spot in the valley below the Continental divide. Exploring more trails north of the Crows Nest Pass. Another creek crossing where the bridge has been removed. This sure is a beautiful area to explore.
Back