Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Rig being towed 700 miles, tranny ?

Thank you JD I did not know that. I will remmeber to always check the specs and not just trust the "expert" at Uhaul. Gracias. Atleast I don't have to drop my driveshaft now. :)
  2. L

Ok, if i drop my driveshaft will tranny fluid leak out of the transmission? Also, if so, how do i prevent that? And yes uhaul will allow my rig to be towed on a dolly so long as it is strapped on and the driveshaft is dropped. I have larger tires but they are only 10.5" wide so my wheelbase is...
  3. L

Hey, I am moving out to ohio and my truck is being towed on a dolly from uhaul, which means only two tire will be off the ground. Should i put the front tires up and leave it in neutral? will that damaged the transmission? Im thinking it would since the tranny fluid is being pumped through it...
  4. L

91-94 explorer Halo Projectors Help

Can a mod remove this thread, turns out my computer was acting up and the search function is now giving me the search results so I found the info I need. Thanks. Sorry for the inconvience.
  5. L

Sunroof problem

Todd, I would need the entire assembly. The old assembly is absolutely ruined from the previous owner. How much would I be looking at in cost, before shipping?
  6. L

Sunroof problem

Hey, some of yall may have helped me with previous issues that I have posted about. Well here is today's dilemma. I have a 93 Explorer XLT with leather seating, stock amp radio system, and that lovely pain in the wallet sunroof. Well today is the sunroof problem. The previous owner shattered the...
  7. L

Kenwood radio install

Hey yall, i pulled a nice kenwood radio from a junkyard. I have it wired up to my 93 explorer xlt. The truck had a stock amp but thats bypassed right now, dont get into that can of worms right now. Anyways, I cannot find any info on installing it into my dashboard. The Metra trim kit I have...
  8. L

9004 to 9007 headlight bulbs

Hey guys. I have a 93 xlt and the previous owner did a 9007 swap. I am now having an issue where my highs dim and the dash high indicator stays on 24/7. Any advice? Or ideas? Thanks.
  9. L

93 explorer hi-beam dimming...

Ok, so anyone have a wiring diagram for a first gen explorer? I just got a brand spanking new switch in and im srill having this problem. Could it be the bulbs maybe?i just checked under the hood. Everything look stock including the wirng until I pulled the bulbs abd saw 9007 on the side...
  10. L

Few questions about headlights and front suspension.

Mark, I looked at both. Both could be used but I ordered the 31012s. Thank for the help. You saved me quite a bit of time trying to track down the correct part and part number.
  11. L

Mark, thank you very much. Ill trackbit down and let you know which number it is.
  12. L

The rubber bushings I am looking for are on the top of the shock towers. I found a set on autozone's website but they are called control arm bushings. Is there a difference. Heres the link to the control arm bushings...
  13. L

Hey, haven't personally owned any but my girlfriends uncle owns a 72 Vette Stingray that I tried...

Hey, haven't personally owned any but my girlfriends uncle owns a 72 Vette Stingray that I tried to buy off of him. Lol didnt go very well. He loves that thing. Ive always wanted a 66 Stang with a 351H under the hood. How about you? And Merry Christmas as well. Hope yours went as well as mine did.
  14. L

Maniak, I have stock RA on my truck. The tires hit just about four inchs in front of where your RA is mounted. Id say maybe even six inchs. Who knows. Its cold and im busy so itll be a few day before I cv an take a look. Thanks for all the help guys, youre very polite and helpful people. Glad to...
  15. L

Thanks, Wood1. And that link shed alot of light on my headlight issue. No pun intended. I wanted bixenon headlights so that I would still have high beam headlights to pass inspection. I dont like the idea of having one setting headlights. So it looks like the projector idea is out because of one...
  16. L

Would I be able to get just that bushing or would I have to buy the whole front set? And I am running with 33x10.5 inch super swampers and a four inch rough country lift. Ill check out that link now. Thanks again.
  17. L

Hey, I have searched the forum for answers to my question but I have found nothing useful. I may not have used the right keywords so forgive me if this is a repetitive thread. If I have overlooked something could you simply point me in the right direction. Thank you. Headlight: Ok, heres the...
  18. L

Hey guys, sorry for the late update. I took the switch out to get a look at it. I took it apart and put it back together but that furthered my problem. Now I am looking at getting another switch and moving forward from there. When I find a solution I will update this thread. Thank you for all of...
  19. L

Well the kit looks something like that but not quite, ill chexk the wiring tonight and update
  20. L

They are hids with a built in ballast atyached to the assembly. The ballast is then svrewed to the metal nearby so ot does not bounce around. Then the ballast is attached to a factory plug. This plug is specifically designed.to plug into a ford explorer headlight bulb.socket..... You dont seem...
  21. L

Hey guys, I have a 93 Explorer with malfunctioning headlights. The previous owner had plug and play hids installed. Not much info on those. I replaced them wi tt h the stock lights since the hids did not have a hi-beam feature. Well when the lights are turned on the hi-beam dash indicator light...
  22. L

Front suspension questions...

Wood, thank you. That list was very helpful. As I am new at dealing with this type of front suspension. I do believe that I need a dropped pitman arm but I will look at it later this week. Bruce, I believe my wheel bearings are fine but I do have to check them. Currently I am focusing on getting...
  23. L

Front suspension questions...

I own a 1993 Ford Exploder with a four inch rough country suspension lift on it. I am currently running 33 inch super swampers. Well, the low down is that the wheels will either toe in or toe out when I park it in the dirt driveway. I am looking for someone who can give me a lowdown on front...
  24. L

high beam dash light stays on..... no brights

Sounds like that may have been a problem. I am curious to find out if that would also affect the plug and play versions of HID's. I'll tell you everything I know about my problem, since I took out my HID's. With HID's: No Hi Beams or flash, only normal low beams No high beam dash light...
  25. L

high beam dash light stays on..... no brights

Funny that you should mention it, There are some odd wires just hanging around in the engine compartment but they appear as if they were added for an audio system, i already removed the subwoofer and amp wires that were not installed neatly. However they don't appear to be wired into anything...
Back