Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2000 mountaineer v8 to v6 swap

Thanks for all the replies. The issue is the v6 doesn't run that im looking at buying, but its in great shape. Im only interested in the outer body of it. My v8 is not damaged but the paint is starting to fade and crack in spots. It is wedgewood blue. the v6 is light green/tan 2 tone. I think...
  2. D

2000 mountaineer v8 to v6 swap

How much trouble would it be to put A 2000 mountaineer 302 AWD motor in a 2000 mountaineer V6 AWD? I have an opportunity to buy a 2000 v6 in excellent shape that soesnt run. I want to put my motor in it. Would it be more trouble than its worth.
  3. D

Upgrade my interior

Its been a while but ive picked it back up. can you post more photos of what you've done. Yes I also striped out the inside. I will also post photos of my work. I am painting the interior. The carpet looked ok after it set for a while. I still have the old carpet and am thinking about dying it...
  4. D

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

169,000 miles 2000 merc mountaineer premier 5.0 It runs perfect other than typical maintenance ie brakes, tires, ball joints. Only thing that went out was the front drive shaft. I did a custom rebuild and it only lasted a month. Don't rebuild it yourself the kits are made of very cheap metal...
  5. D

2000 Mountaineer Grill/Headlights

Just one more thing will the 1997 mountaineer header panel fit? It would seem that if I can use a 96/97 mountaineer grill assembly (as someone had posted prior) I could also use the 1997 mountaineer header panel. So actually my net question would be when they said I could use a 97 grill did they...
  6. D

That's kind of what I figured but needed the confirmation that the explorer header would fit. thank you for the responses.
  7. D

I mean the whole headlight. The 98_01 mountaineer have a completely different grill and headlight shape. when I say headlight I mean the whole headlight assembly, not just the bulb. by better I mean appearance. the after market ones for the 95_01 explorer are very stylish. I don't care about...
  8. D

I am trying to get better headlights than the plain stock ones. Problem is that 1998-2001 Mountaineers changed the headlight size from the Explorer 1995-2001 size. There are plenty of choices for the 1997 Mountaineer and 1995-2001 Explorer, but none that I can find for the 1998-2001 Mountaineer...
  9. D

Upgrade my interior

I am trying to find out 2 things. 1)Where can I find modified replacement parts for the interior; Seats, door panels ect.(not the factory stock items) 2) Will any of the newer Mountaineers 2002 and up parts fit in my interior eithor direct fit or with a little modification. I want to upgrade my...
Back