Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

sudden dramatic wheel shake

Thanks for this thread. Same thing happened to me. Long story short. Air bubble in the power steering. The oscillation was so bad, I had to brake to make it stop. After purge, next day, same route and speed, no issue.
  2. J

Please identify engine component

Cool. Thanks!!
  3. J

Great!!! That would explain why it would not idle!! Thanks!! Is there any trick to replacing it, or is it pretty much just a simple swap out?
  4. J

A tree fell on my 99 5.0L Explorer in a storm, badly denting the hood. I thought the engine was OK, but when I started it, it began to race and would not slow down. This evening I noticed that the highest part may have gotten the brunt of the shock, and was snapped. It is behind the big black...
  5. J

My Explorer fought the good battle. Does it have more fight?

Do what I did and get on Craig's list and see what's out there. Use this as an opportunity to trade up... I set a $3000 budget for myself and I got a 1999 Limited V8 4x2 189K with ALL the toys in excellent condition for $2400. For a daily driver I would try for something with lower miles...
  6. J

1999 Explorer Limited 5.0 2x4 - Central NJ

Hi Joe This is the one I found: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/1999_ford_explorer_overhead_compass_temp_display ...which also references this post: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1748628&postcount=8 1- Press the mode switch several times to make sure it is not in...
  7. J

How many miles do you have

WOW. 267 million? ;)
  8. J

Thanks!! It has a few minor bugs: Airbag light stays on. (Side airbag harness replacement per TSB?) Temp/Compass display out. (Re-solder 2 surface mount resistors?) Erratic Fuel gauge.
  9. J

trailers lets see them!!!!

Our 16' 1963 (Model 16S) Yellowstone and the 95 Quest we used to tow it with. The Quest got totaled a few years ago and I have been without a tow vehicle until last Friday when I picked up my 1999 Explorer. Believe it or not, we towed the trailer with the Quest (carefully) for many years...
  10. J

How many miles do you have

1999 Limited 5.0 2x4 with 189K. Just got it last Friday so I can't say anything about how it was maintained.
  11. J

New Explorer owner (as of 1 Jun 2012) John - Hillsborough NJ - JohnCase3 at aol dot com 1999 Limited white 5.0 2x4 with premium 6 CD audio, moonroof and tow pkg. In very nice shape, good running order, appears to be well maintained with 189K. Cost me $2,400.
Back