Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

How to: 2016 Explorer- Adding Remote Start Facts

Just purchased and received my Ford Explorer Remote Start System - Cellular Access Kit Special, from Levittown Ford. Couldn't beat the price they had. Could I please get a set of those install instructions as well? I will attempt to install these myself, and then contact Levittown to have them...
  2. M

Adding Remote Start Access

Has anyone here installed this themselves? If so, how difficult was it? Thinking of pulling the trigger on this now that it is in a reasonable price range, and if Levittown Ford activates it for nothing, then it might be worth it. Going to ask my local dealer today if they will match the price...
  3. M

Well, that just jumps the price up again. Guess I will wait and see if the prices drop any before I install this. Would be nice to have though.
  4. M

Ok, so if I purchase this, http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-explorer-remote-start-system-cellular-access-p-2270.html then I also need this? http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-explorer-vehicle-security-system-p-1881.html Or is the second already part of my vehicle system?
  5. M

Ok, this is seeming more and more like a financially doable plan. It no longer is going to cost an arm and a leg to to get the few parts needed, to gain a big technological increase. Can you send me the part numbers I need to order to do this, and the phone number for your contact? I'll get my...
  6. M

Installing HID? Read this first.

What did you do exactly to correct this? I have had the same problem, but have been just dealing with it.
  7. M

Dynamic Diode Harness I ordered and installed the Diode Dynamics HID conversion kits for my Explorer Sport last October. I had some difficulty installing the kits, but it went pretty smoothly. For the fog lights, I removed the screws on the very bottom of the bumper cover, where it ties in with...
  8. M

I apologize. I should have been a little more specific. I was just saying what they look like, even though I love how bright the new headlights and fog lights are. My funky pattern had to be my projectors. As my son likes to say, my headlights are scanning the tree tops for helicopters...
  9. M

Ok. I switched out my bulbs and added the HID bulbs and ballasts. Since I am getting a funky pattern with my bulbs, where do I get these projectors. And are they hard to change out? I know putting in the HID bulbs in my headlights and foglights was a piece of cake.
  10. M

I replaced my headlights and my fog lights with the kits from Dynamic Diodes. Worked great and went in easy as can be. I ordered the fog light harness adapter as well, but after it left my fog lights on all night and killed my battery, I removed that and haven't had any problems. My question...
  11. M

Any chance you could send me the parts list of what you used. Sounds like you did exactly the same as I want to do to my Sport. And did you do the foglights as well? Thanks.
  12. M

Ok. I have a 2013 Sport as well. Short story is I want to put in the HID headlights and also fog lights. I have the HID upgrade bulbs right now in both, but that is not what I want. I want the brightness and the look of the true HID lights. What exactly do I need to convert both headlights and...
  13. M

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna

And you get this when you purchase the "Sport" model of Explorer. Ford just started adding this when they brought back a true version if the Explorer Sport last year. It's a way for those of us with a Sport to identify other Explorers out there that are the same brethren.
  14. M

Explorer 2nd row console install

Has anyone seen the new 14 Explorer Sport models? If you build one on the Ford website, it now gives you the option to add one of these for the second row. Anyone get one of these or know where we can find one? I would love to have a center console as well in my 13 Sport, and seeing as how a...
  15. M

Does anyone have an exact cost on this here in the states? I want to get this but would like to know how much I have to budget. Thanks.
  16. M

Sweet. I got mine a few weeks ago, and it looks awesome. Now I just need to get the vehicle that it mounts on. My Explorer Sport is supposed to go in to production next week, with delivery hopefully within the first week or second week of September. Anyone out there yet know what bulbs I...
  17. M

Well, I ordered the shark fin antenna. That should be in soon. I'll update things once I get the actual vehicle to mount it on. As for the headlights, I was thinking of trying to swap out my headlights on my new one to the HID lights, but since the new Sport is coming with the blacked out...
  18. M

I would like to know how the sharkfin holds up as well from the car wash. I like to keep my vehicles clean, and this looks like an awesome add on. I ordered a new 2013 Explorer Sport, and would love to put this on before it leaves the lot. As for the illuminated sill plates, as far as I know...
Back