Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Good buy or not

my opinion is yes anytime you can find a 4x4 5 speed get it especially if it is a manual transfer case.
  2. B

Who here flat tows their Explorer's, Sport Trac's, etc...?

if i may add a little something to this how about this? http://www.rsgear.com/products/transmissions/race-performance/zf.aspx 6 speed manual for a 351W ready to go a little more work but you get 3 more gears would be great for highway and not bad for the trails for choosing the right gear.
  3. B

EGR Tube removal help.

I am turning it toward the fender from the underside or toward the passenger side from the top. its the same way that i turned the one at the junkyard to get that one off.
  4. B

EGR Tube removal help.

This is kinda long warning. Here is what is going on I got this explorer on Saturday and knew that it a couple issues but it was no problem one was a exhaust leak i found it to be the egr tube where it connects to the exhaust manifold so i went today and got one from a junkyard with a couple...
  5. B

I'm Back with shadow!

Okay so i thought the explorer was not enough so i traded it for a 1988 Ford F350 Dually worst mistake i missed my explorer to much and the truck was a pos so i traded it for another explorer lol i got me a 1994 Ford Explorer xlt auto 4x4 just like my old one but it has bucket seats grey...
  6. B

heating up while towing?

pictures here are the pictures of my new truck if yall are intrested
  7. B

heating up while towing?

well i did and i didn't want to but i had to trade :( so i am now the proud owner of a 1988 ford f350 regular cab dually 300 inline 6 5 speed stick 2wd needs a little work its out of time needs a clutch adjustment and its not the prettiest pulls a little to the right but its a mans truck so its...
  8. B

heating up while towing?

you would be correct i do have the auto and was looking at getting the larger stacked plate design cooler one for trans and one for engine oil with temp sensors on both but my thought was if i go with a bigger cooler can i disconnect the radiator since it is really not doing much to cool it and...
  9. B

heating up while towing?

okay i just got me a boat its a decent sized boat 20' pontoon boat trailer and 40hp motor well i was towing it for the first time today for any distance to test it and see what it would do with my 1994 ford explorer 4x4 and it normaly sits right about the n on the normal gauge but when i was...
  10. B

just a warning to everybody else.about 4x4

so i just tried it in my drive way to check it out and it seemed like after i locked the front up it took about 20 feet or so before the front was completely locked in i don't think that is normal for that long of a distance is it? if its not what do you think could be wrong i know i heard it...
  11. B

I tried to but it seemed like it would not engage until I out then it engaged
  12. B

Could be all but auto hubs i have the manual hubs.
  13. B

Today I was at the jetties and was like a got 4x4 i will be good well i went past a sign that said 4 wheel drive vehicles only recommended beyond this point so that should have told me something :banghead: but it didn't lol so i go in and i started spinning okay stop lock it in reverse forward...
  14. B

Type F fluid for delayed engagment

I had a issue similar to this but without swapping transmissions is was about a week or so after a drain and flush went back into a realized that the parts guy sold me the wrong filter and it had worked it's way loose since it did not have a good fit changed the filter refilled with fluid and...
  15. B

High Speed Vibration

i have this same issue with my 94 but i can feel mine in the steering wheel got a little better when replaced the radius arm bushings i'm thinking either bent rim or bad ball joints is my guess im looking for different rims since i need tires anyway.
  16. B

mini 5th wheel hitch thing

this is what i was talking about its called a snap hitch...
  17. B

Snowball 94 Limited

it must be a limited thing since all the ones i have seen are black hence my question. and why would you put a black steering wheel cover on lol i put a tan one on mine so that my hands would not get burnt as much.
  18. B

Snowball 94 Limited

how did you get a tan steering wheel lol i have never seen one in a first gen explorer before.
  19. B

For Sale 1st Gen Part Out. Some performance, some aftermarket.

i would like to have the headers and cat converter but i know that's going to be way out of my price range but just curious what would you do on the combo.
  20. B

I was actually looking for something different this device did not tow 5th wheel trailers it converts a regular bumper pull trailer to a 5th wheel hitch like you slide this thing into your receiver hitch and it looks like a 5th wheel hitch and then you lock this thing where your ball would...
  21. B

I know that sounds weird but I could have sworn i seen one on the internet a year or two ago and cant find it now what it was was a mini 5th wheel hitch but it was for bumper pull trailers like you had this one part that converted the ball to a king pin and the hitch part went into your...
  22. B

Rig being towed 700 miles, tranny ?

i would do the front wheels on and disconnect the drive shaft as a second option my first option would be to trailer it if that is possible u haul has a trailer to what ever you do use just make sure to check the tie downs that hold it down i would say about every 250 miles or so and when you...
  23. B

chop top 1 ton ex.

I just found this and wow you got some awesome fabrication skills although it does not look like much of an explorer now i like it.
  24. B

check engine light help(with videos)

Okay so I go and finally fix that easy fix less then 5 minutes but now while driving i get code 335 which would be 335 O EGR Sensor voltage out-of-range is that the same sensor I replaced? I did use a junk yard sensor to try and save some money so was the DPFE I replaced it with bad? i just...
  25. B

Planning a 5.0 Overhaul

I just read through this post and nice build i like it glad to see that it's running good now. now get some tunes and more power :D
Back