Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

AdvancTrac with 2wd

thanks for the reply. Thats not to good sounding. If it is that bad in the winter with their "traction Control" system, why even have it in place of a limited slip. Why not just put in a limited slip rear like every other truck has in 2wd so atleast you can get traction with both rear wheels...
  2. S

AdvancTrac with 2wd

Thanks for the replys. Reason i am thinking about a 2wd is because i can save a few thousand dollars vs. a 4wd, it will be better on gas and be alittle quicker too. Mini Lightning! Is there anyone that has experience with the new AdvancTrac traction control system in winter conditions that...
  3. S

AdvancTrac with 2wd

Hello, I am thinking of purchasing a new SportTrac in place of my Explorer and have been thinking of getting just a 2wd one with the 4.6L V8, but here in NJ we do still see some winter weather. So can anyone tell me how well this new Advanctrac system works in winter conditions particularly in...
  4. S

Limited Slip Differential?

Thanks for the replies Thanks Adam, that what I was assuming. Unfortunately that's not what i want. Which it could atleast be an option. So for those of you that have used this electronic AdvanceTrac system, how well does it do in winter weather, mud etc.. Especially 2wd, will it help you...
  5. S

Limited Slip Differential?

Can anyone tell me, with a 2wd drive train, does the new 2007+ Sport Tracs come with a limited slip differential in the rear? I live in NJ and to save some money I am thinking about getting a 2wd vs 4wd cause I think I will be fine for the weather we see, but for those few times it does snow i...
  6. S

Flowmaster Exhaust Questions

My 3" single in/Out Flowmaster is a 50 series Delta Flow. Perfect sound, loud enough to turn heads but not headache loud for driving. A long highway trip might get alittle annoying for other people, but i would be fine!!!
  7. S

Carpet

I completely agree! If this truck had an interior carpet, I would be buying it tomorrow. I like everything else about it other then that. Interior looks incomplete without it. If I am going to spend close to 30K on a vehicle it better have a carpet and not look like a work truck. And with those...
  8. S

Torsion Bar Adjustment on the Ground?

I did a search but could really find a clear answer, can the Torsion Bars be adjusted to lower the vehicle with it on a level ground? Or does the front end have to be on jack stands in order to adjust the torsion bar bolts. Also is it best to take it for a ride before getting an accurate...
  9. S

Need Help with Wheel Conversion Chart

cdw6212r, thanks for the reply. I think people use BS alot because it is easier to work with and calculate with the rim width then offset is. I also took off my stock wheels and they are 12mm offset or 4.5 bs. I have 245/70/15 on my truck now and the width of these tires and my stock wheels are...
  10. S

BryanB, thats for the explaination. makes sense now. I will have to measure the stock wheel myself to be sure, but I am pretty sure I read somewhere on here that the stock Ford Limited wheel on my Explorer is 15x7 with 4.5"bs, so basically by reading the chart this wheel would have 12 offset, so...
  11. S

thanks for the reply. But if you have an 8" wide wheel, if the offset is 0 wouldn't the backspace be 4" or vice versa? Thats where the chart gets confusing because it states differently.
  12. S

Tracking Down Front End Knock

When, it gets alittle warmer out I am going to drop it back off to my buddy at Ford to see if they can find it cause I am having no luck tracking it down. Tried everythng mentioned hear, but stick have the wobble. I am leaning toward the ball joints, but we'll see. if it gets fixed I will reply...
  13. S

Anyone with some knowledge on this?????
  14. S

Flowmaster Exhaust Questions

Not sure how to teel which series it is because I don't think it is stamped anywhere on the muffler, but you can check. Or try looking on the receipt or calling the shop. Don't worry about the y-pipe, i have a 3" single in, single out 50 series on mine and mine has the same setup without any...
  15. S

I am going to be shopping for some 20" rims & tires for my 1996 Explorer Limited and I am trying to figure out what size rims and tire will fit to match the factory wheels so they are not sticking out past the fender. I currently have the stock 15x7 Limited rims on now with 245/70/15 tires and I...
  16. S

2 Seperate Leaks

Thanks for the reply It looks more brown like engine oil then trans fluid so that would probably eliminate the converter or pump. Can the real main seal leak from inside the bell housing? Also, Does gear oil fill the axle tubes? Doesn't look as think as grease from an axle, but I could be...
  17. S

2 Seperate Leaks

I got 2 leaks on my 1996 Explorer V8 AWD that i am wondering what type of fluid it is and what is causing them. Neither of them are bad leaks that puddle up, they are just visible from the area but not enough to leak onto the ground. One leak looks like it is coming out of the rubber plug on the...
  18. S

Thanks for the replies. Shocks are brand new too so its not them and I also checked for loose bolts etc.. Its not really when i hit a bump, the best time to hear the knock/wobble is when i am on a fairly smooth street going around 5-10 mph. The small variation in the road that makes the...
  19. S

I have had a front end knock/wobbling noise on my 96 Explorer Limited for over a year now and I cant find where it is coming from. I will do my best to try to describe it. The knocking noise sounds like it is coming from the left side suspension area. It is only really noticeable if I am doing...
  20. S

Who's in NJ? Where?

I am from Spotswood, NJ. Right next to East Brunswick and a few other towns mention here. About 10 Mins from Englishtown Raceway Park
  21. S

Oil Filter Mount Leaking?

I have a small coolant leak and from what i can see, I think it may be coming from somewhere right above the oil filter where the 2 lower hoses attach. Has anyone ever had a coolant leak from this filter mount housing? I can't even see where or what this filter/coolant housing is mounted to. Is...
  22. S

IAT Removal from Air Intake Tube?

Anyone??????
  23. S

Anyone out there have the IAT in the air tube that has removed it before? thanks
  24. S

For those of you that have the older style separate IAT in the Air Intake tube, can you tell me how to remove it. There seems to be a rubber grommet thing on the tube part, is this part of the sensor and comes out with it, or does the sensor slide out leaving the rubber grommet piece in the air...
  25. S

Squeaking Suspension during Cold Temps?

I will try the silicon spray on all the bushings on my front suspension to see if it works for me too. Do you guys some how get under the bushing with the spray or do you literally just spray the outside of it only?
Back